Default Don't die in Nova Scotia

John H wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:23:47 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 12:33:25 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 06:40:44 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:22:26 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:11:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Think they have healthcare right? They can't even deal with the dead...

http://www.newser.com/story/254238/f...-3-bodies.html

A section on the Serenity Funeral Home website reads: "There are
labels that are used to make sure
it is next to impossible to receive the incorrect remains."

I'll just bet they wish they'd had Don White check the spelling on all those labels!

Don't know why all y'all are so worried about this. If all y'all died
in Nova Scotia they just feed your decaying corpse to the sharks that
like to vacation off our coast.

What? Alex or I worry? No way!

Surely you got a chuckle out of the story.

That story was all over the local news yesterday.
When Mom dies about 6 years ago, they insisted that we have a viewing
prior to cremation to avoid a mix up like the one out west at that time.
Of course this meant paying the makeup artist and renting a coffin so I
could go view and confirm that it was her.

Why a makeup artist and coffin rental, if the whole purpose is just to
ensure the body is the
correct one?

Why worry? Some things are not really worth that much. How many
pioneers were buried next to the trail and a wooden cross thAt might last a
year planted.

wrote:

That story was all over the local news yesterday.
When Mom dies about 6 years ago, they insisted that we have a viewing prior to cremation to avoid a mix up like the one out west at that time. Of course this meant paying the makeup artist and renting a coffin so I could go view and confirm that it was her.

What, if it wasn't her in the coffin she wouldn't be dead anymore?

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:51:33 -0500, John H
wrote:

[...]

I always thought the whole concept was pretty morbid. When the doctor
told my mom was dead, I believed him. I didn't need to see for myself.

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 14:51:33 UTC-4, John H wrote:
[...]

That's what they insisted on. Wife worked with the wife of one of the funeral directors where her mother went. He said he'd identify her mother for her ...no need for viewing etc. Saved almost $2K.

wrote:

That story was all over the local news yesterday.
When Mom dies about 6 years ago, they insisted that we have a viewing prior to cremation to avoid a mix up like the one out west at that time. Of course this meant paying the makeup artist and renting a coffin so I could go view and confirm that it was her.

What, if it wasn't her in the coffin she wouldn't be dead anymore?

The idea was to make sure the right body was going to cremation...and hopefully to get the correct ashes back. Plus of course to gouge as much as they can while they can.

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 15:32:27 UTC-4, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Thursday, 18 January 2018 13:05:45 UTC-4, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:22:26 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:11:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Think they have healthcare right? They can't even deal with the dead...

http://www.newser.com/story/254238/f...-3-bodies.html

A section on the Serenity Funeral Home website reads: "There are labels
that are used to make sure
it is next to impossible to receive the incorrect remains."

I'll just bet they wish they'd had Don White check the spelling on all those labels!

Don't know why all y'all are so worried about this. If all y'all died in
Nova Scotia they just feed your decaying corpse to the sharks that like
to vacation off our coast.

Lighten up. Was a funny comment. You and Harry need to see the wizard
for a humor gene.

So was mine, Billy. We wouldn't feed The John or one of his biggest
turds to the sharks. The sharks haven't done anything to us. They just
come and vacation here. This summer it was a Great White the locals and
media named Hilton.

Your comment was nasty, not funny. You need to see the Wizard

Oh no...did I upset you, or hurt your feelings?
Have another drink...it'll pass.

wrote:

That story was all over the local news yesterday.
When Mom dies about 6 years ago, they insisted that we have a viewing prior to cremation to avoid a mix up like the one out west at that time. Of course this meant paying the makeup artist and renting a coffin so I could go view and confirm that it was her.

What, if it wasn't her in the coffin she wouldn't be dead anymore?

The idea was to make sure the right body was going to cremation...and hopefully to get the correct ashes back. Plus of course to gouge as much as they can while they can.

Do you really believe they don't just give everyone a shovel full of
ashes and say it is their loved one?
This is all symbolic anyway. I agree the whole funeral business is a
big scam. I just want to be buried in the back yard with my dogs. That
can be cremated remains conveyed in a zip lock bag or just hire a guy
with a back hoe and dump me in the hole.

Makes no difference to me. I will be dead,
'passed on! This redneck is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired
and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in
peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the bar stool 'e'd be pushing up
the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the
twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run
down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN
EX-REDNECK!! - John Cleese

wrote:

[...]

When the funeral home tried to sell me a casket for my mother, I asked, "Why, she's going to be
cremated. Why buy a casket that will be burnt?

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:23:21 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you got took! From what your wife did, there's clearly no legal requirement for the
makeup artist and casket.