BoatBanter.com

-   -   Does Name-Calling Improve Self-Esteem? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177708-does-name-calling-improve-self-esteem.html)

John H[_2_] January 14th 18 03:12 PM

Does Name-Calling Improve Self-Esteem?

One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

True North[_2_] January 14th 18 03:22 PM

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

Its Me January 14th 18 03:37 PM

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 10:22:07 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

You stopped name calling long enough to respond. That's a step forward for you, Don. One day at a time.

Keyser Soze January 14th 18 03:46 PM

On 1/14/18 10:22 AM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

Indeed, most of the name calling here is done by Herring and his
Republi**** buddies, such as the ones you named. I wonder if the Herring
"Korean" grandson knows his grandfather is a racist.

John H[_2_] January 14th 18 04:00 PM

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 07:22:05 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

Wow! You didn't call names. Super.

But, you didn't answer the question either.

John H[_2_] January 14th 18 06:25 PM

Does Name-Calling Improve Self-Esteem?

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 07:22:05 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

Don, your emails are very sociable, why not the same here?

True North[_2_] January 14th 18 07:32 PM

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 14:25:52 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 07:22:05 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 11:12:01 UTC-4, John H wrote:
One of my grandsons is an adopted Korean child. Fantastic kid, but has what seems to be a problem
with his self-esteem. He takes negative comments from other very seriously, even though the comments
are from immature kids his age.

I'm wondering if the name-calling we see here, mainly by No Man, Harry, and Donnie does something to
improve self-esteem.

Would you three respond please and let me know?

You might be better off asking some of your ilk that question. Try Dan Kruger, FlaJim, Jack Goff and of course...yourself.
I'd say you can learn everything y'all need to know by following my suggestion.

Don, your emails are very sociable, why not the same here?

Guess I'm negatively affected by the environment "here", Johnny.
That is...when in Rome....

John H[_2_] January 14th 18 07:56 PM

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 11:32:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

[...]

'Peer pressure'? You shouldn't let worries about Harry's approval drive your actions.