Tim Tim is offline

Default Jackson Browne concert

Its Me
Wife and I went to see Jackson Browne last night at Bell Auditorium in Augusta, GA last night. It's a small, 8000 seat venue with great acoustics. When I saw the tickets go on sale I just grabbed two without doing any research on the show. It turns out it's an acoustic show with just him and Greg Leisz and an occasional appearance by some lady playing a bass (he called it a semi-acoustic show). Before then I didn't know who Greg Leisz was, but it turns out that he's quite an accomplished guitar player. It would be easier to list the famous performers he hasn't spent studio time or toured with than the ones he has.

They had 16-20 guitars on stage in a rack, and each would pick the appropriate one for the next song. Greg played slide a lot. Of course there was a piano for Jackson to play, too. It was a loose performance, playing a mix of what they wanted to play along with occasionally taking a request. Jackson's voice is still very good, and even though I didn't get to hear a couple of songs I wanted to in all their full-blown-band glory, it was a very cool show. If you're into that kind of thing I recommend it.

I’m glad you liked it. I can’t stand the guy. Nothing personal against him, but back in the late 70s , it seemed that rock radio played “running in empty” and “the pretender” which was crammed down your throat 24/7. Oldies stations do the same thing today.

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 8:45:09 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
[...]

Hmm. I can understand that. Seems like during that time I heard those songs, but not that much. I was into some different genres, so I wasn't exposed as much. Dixie Dregs are next!