Default Speaking of remote starters...

Upon hooking up the OBD scanner, I get a C0899 (Device voltage low), a C0561 (ABS disabled, invalid
serial data received), and P0673 (#3 Glow plug circuit). The first (and maybe the second) may be due
to low batteries, which I've treated badly this winter - only short trips to the store, etc. Trips
that should have been made walking or riding a motorcycle. So, the charger is on, and we'll see what
happens when the batteries are up to snuff.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:59:51 -0500, John H
wrote:

Upon hooking up the OBD scanner, I get a C0899 (Device voltage low), a C0561 (ABS disabled, invalid
serial data received), and P0673 (#3 Glow plug circuit). The first (and maybe the second) may be due
to low batteries, which I've treated badly this winter - only short trips to the store, etc. Trips
that should have been made walking or riding a motorcycle. So, the charger is on, and we'll see what
happens when the batteries are up to snuff.

"Glow plug" figured prominently in those threads I read about remote
start not working. It might be worth a shot. Does it run a little
rough for a minute on a regular start? I don't know a lot about
diesels but I am guessing if a glow plug was not working, it would
miss a bit until it started "dieseling"
It may just be a loose connection I guess.

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 7:56:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:

wrote:

Upon hooking up the OBD scanner, I get a C0899 (Device voltage low), a C0561 (ABS disabled, invalid
serial data received), and P0673 (#3 Glow plug circuit). The first (and maybe the second) may be due
to low batteries, which I've treated badly this winter - only short trips to the store, etc. Trips
that should have been made walking or riding a motorcycle. So, the charger is on, and we'll see what
happens when the batteries are up to snuff.

"Glow plug" figured prominently in those threads I read about remote
start not working. It might be worth a shot. Does it run a little
rough for a minute on a regular start? I don't know a lot about
diesels but I am guessing if a glow plug was not working, it would
miss a bit until it started "dieseling"
It may just be a loose connection I guess.

Oh, and charging the batteries didn't change any of the readings. Looks like I've got an ABS problem
and a glow plug problem.

You shouldn't have any problem testing the ABS in this weather. Go to
a deserted parking lot that has some ice/snow on it and try to lock
them up. You will know right away if the ABS is working.

Not only that, but if the ABS is really disabled, your dash should be lit up like a Christmas tree! Are those the specific error codes for your vehicle, or the generic ones listed for your reader? They can be a bit different.

wrote:

[...]

If I were John I'd try the "Control-Alt-Delete" procedure. Disconnect
the positive lead from the battery, wait for about 10 minutes, reconnect
and then see if the codes are still there and if his remote starter
works properly.

wrote:

[...]

Just reset the codes via the ODB reader.

wrote:

[...]

On these new cars that is more like unplugging it, taking the CMOS
battery out and pushing the power on button. That sommich will forget
everything you ever taught it.

remote shifter Chris Mares General 3 June 13th 04 05:44 PM
FS: Remote Spotlight in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 February 26th 04 03:07 AM
Remote oil filter kit?? Chuck Baier Boat Building 3 February 8th 04 05:58 PM
remote oil filter kit?? Chuck Baier Cruising 0 February 3rd 04 01:06 AM
Overheating, Hydrostatic lock, ring gears and starters rayjking General 0 July 12th 03 05:49 PM