Default And how does this taste...

On 12/25/17 3:15 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Patience is a virtue, I've read. The only "messianic Jew" I've heard of
is that right-wing lunatic lawyer of Trump's, Jay Sekulow. An actual Jew
would call "messianic Jew" a contradiction in terms, as "actual" Jews ...”

Oh could be about as contradictory as say the term “Afro-American” “Spanish-American” etc.

Doubtful. I don't see how it is possible to be a Jew and believe that
Jesus was anything more than an ordinary man who lived (maybe) in
interesting times.

On 12/25/17 12:46 PM, justan wrote:
Tim Wrote in message:
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/25/17 10:12 AM, Tim wrote:
Harry, please dont choke, ar least not too badly...

Isaiah 9:6-7
6) For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7) Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on Davids throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this..

I'm familiar with the bible. As I have said here many times, the KJ
version is remarkable literature, beautifully written. The Jewish
passage you cited, however, is not, according to my Jewish friends, a
prophesy of your Jesus.

Perhaps this cite will help you understand why the prophesies were not
fulfilled by your Jesus:

http://jewsforjudaism.ca/why-jesus-i...ewish-messiah/

You, of course, may believe whatever you wish. In any event, have a
great day with your family and friends...to me, that is the important
element of Christmas.

Oh I have and I shall. I wish you could too

Well of course, they'd discount the idea of a Messiah. They're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jews-reject-Jesus.html

This explains why Harry chooses to be secular. Aparently he is in
company with half the Jews.

No, ****-for-brains, I'm a non-believer because I don't believe in fairy
tales and, in the case of organized religion, all the horrors committed
in its name, and, especially, all the little children dying of disease,
hunger, and in war.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
Doubtful. I don't see how it is possible to be a Jew and believe that
Jesus was anything more than an ordinary man who lived (maybe) in
interesting times.
Not difficult. Hebrew by blood line (though that can in cases be hard to trace) and messianic by belief.

On 12/25/17 10:12 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

In the evolution of mankind that resulted in cognizant thinking and the
species Homo Sapiens or "Wise Man" what instilled the concept of right
and wrong or good and bad? Scientist are still studying and discovering
more about time frames and possible reasons but nobody knows for sure.
Some think diet ... others think climate. Some think (as recently as in
the 1970's) that it happened about 40,000 years ago. Newer discoveries
push it back to 150,000 to 200,000 years ago.

In any event the evolution from being an instinct driven, pre-human to a
thinking, reasoning and questioning species, unique to this planet (as
best we know) happened fairly quickly in the overall time frame of
known scientific history. The concept of a supreme being .. a "God" or
Gods may well have been the influencing factor. BTW ... some believe it
came from alien visitors from another galaxy that early thinking man
confused with being a "God".

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 16:06:03 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I'm a non-believer because I don't believe in fairy
tales

You fell for the Hope and Change fairy tale ... twice. Three times if
you count 2016.

On 12/25/17 4:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Doubtful. I don't see how it is possible to be a Jew and believe that
Jesus was anything more than an ordinary man who lived (maybe) in
interesting times.
Not difficult. Hebrew by blood line (though that can in cases be hard to trace) and messianic by belief.

Oh, conversions. The Spaniards were good at that.

Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 5:45:31 PM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/25/17 4:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Doubtful. I don't see how it is possible to be a Jew and believe that
Jesus was anything more than an ordinary man who lived (maybe) in
interesting times.
Not difficult. Hebrew by blood line (though that can in cases be hard to trace) and messianic by belief.

Oh, conversions. The Spaniards were good at that.

What do Spaniards have to do with people converting their faith by free will?

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 19:06:55 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 5:45:31 PM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/25/17 4:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Doubtful. I don't see how it is possible to be a Jew and believe that
Jesus was anything more than an ordinary man who lived (maybe) in
interesting times.
Not difficult. Hebrew by blood line (though that can in cases be hard to trace) and messianic by belief.

Oh, conversions. The Spaniards were good at that.

What do Spaniards have to do with people converting their faith by free will?

Old mr False Equivalency is comparing a creche in front of city hall
with the spanish inquisition.

Beyond bad taste X ` Man[_3_] General 1 November 3rd 11 08:22 AM
Bad taste? Bob Crantz ASA 0 April 28th 07 04:10 AM
we taste the inner shopkeeper H. MacInroe, PAP ASA 0 April 22nd 05 02:08 PM
try not to taste a shopkeeper C. Y. Snerman ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:34 AM
there, go taste a painter Albert Q. MacAdams ASA 0 April 8th 05 12:15 PM