Default The Bagpiper

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 23 December 2017 12:59:23 UTC-4, Boating All Out wrote:
In article a2dc47d5-b554-40f1-badd-219b784c07d8
@googlegroups.com, says...
On Saturday, 23 December 2017 09:54:21 UTC-4, John H wrote:
I love this story. Lay down whatever is bothering you, breathe in the fresh air and LISTEN to this
story.

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside
service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's
cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and,
being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the
funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and
crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't
know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather
around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've
never played before, for this homeless man.

And as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.
When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my
heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen
anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

I call bull****... you can't get "lost" in Nova Scotia. Nowhere is more than 30 or so miles from the coast. Even a semi-invalid hobbling along on one good foot could probably do that in a couple of days.

LOL
Gotta say, your short response was funnier than the joke.

Thank you, thank you very much!
Not that I was trying to throw a dig at 'The John'. wink..nudge...

Bull****.

On Saturday, 23 December 2017 21:50:06 UTC-4, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
[...]

Damn, you are really dumb.

You saying The John couldn't hobble 30 miles in a couple of days?
"ell, even I give him more credit than that, Ditzy.

True North wrote:
[...]

It was a joke, moron. It was obvious to everyone but you.

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 09:30:56 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

On Saturday, 23 December 2017 12:40:10 UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 07:46:51 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

[...]

Lighten up Don. Canada was never mentioned and it was a ****ing joke
anyway.

Say what?
Where the 'ell do you think Nova Scotia is?

My bad sorry

wrote:

[...]

That's OK Greg. It's easy to mistake NS for an island if you don't
look for that thread of land connecting it to the
mainland.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

I missed the NS reference entirely. It was not necessary to tell the
joke.

wrote:

[...]

Don't feel bad, the NS boy missed that it was a joke!

wrote:

[...]

You can probably bet that the original joke didn't mention Nova Scotia. I'm betting The John inserted that to instigate and irritate. If he was really interested in Nova Scotia, he'd be thinking of traveling the Cabot Trail on his motorbike. It's considered one of the best motorcycle rides on the continent.

wrote:

[...]

I didn't miss anything Johnny. You took a joke y'all read somewhere and inserted Nova Scotia into it as a way to jab at me.
Well...jab away..I've been jabbed at by a lot more talented people than y'all.

wrote:

[...]

Nova Scotia was in the original, DS. Maybe because of the bagpiper reference. So, you're FOS, as
usual.