Default Tax Plan

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 17:27:05 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 12:03:38 -0500,
wrote:

It is doubtful that a bullet train would be
stopping anywhere in South Carolina. You can't keep the schedules they
brag about and stop very often.

===

South Carolina could hold up the permitting for years if they didn't
get some sort of concessions.

The concessions would not trickle down to the people who have to live
next to the train.

There must be trackage somewhere near
Columbia since I once took a train there from New York courtesy of the
US Army.

There are 2 routes through the Carolinas, one through Columbia and one
through Charleston. These are not anywhere near high speed rail ready
tho.
https://www.amtrak.com/routes/silver...tto-train.html
Click map.

If they built new track it probably would go down I-95, using as much
of that right of way as possible but it is more likely that they would
just upgrade one of the existing routes. We are still talking billions
of dollars for a railway that could never pay for itself for the price
people would be willing to pay to ride it. Trains will never be able
to compete with Boeing and Airbus if you are going more than 500 miles
and it is hard to compete with a car for anything less.
I do not understand why some people are still stuck on 19th century
technology in the 21st century.
I have said many times, this makes a lot of sense in densely populated
areas like Europe, parts of Asia and a few places in the US but we
call most of the US "flyover country" for a reason.

such a plan... Keyser Söze General 12 June 27th 17 04:05 PM
This is the plan Harry[_2_] General 4 February 4th 10 01:41 AM