Default Hoorah for the US Navy

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 09:05:44 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 11:15:32 UTC-3, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/28/17 10:10 AM, True North wrote:
On Friday, 27 October 2017 23:34:17 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Friday, 27 October 2017 11:44:56 UTC-3, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:14:15 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:47:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Two women and a couple dogs lost at sea finally rescued after 5 months.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/us/wom...rnd/index.html

===

An incredible tale of survival with more than a little bit of
incompetence thrown in to the mix. Anyone with a modicum of sailing
skill, and navigation skill/preparation, would not have ended up 2,000
miles off course. Fortunately they had plenty of water and food.

The boat looked intact. Sails etc. They must have just been lost. In
2017, no GPS (or 3)?
Hell even a sextant and a decent chart should have found something
that was inhabited.

If I was doing a trip like that, I'd look into the cost of a satellite phone.

Your cb radio will meet all your boating communication needs.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Never have owned a CB nor will I ever.
Must be an 'merican thing...like Smokey and the Bandit , Great Big Convoy etc.

When Justa****head gets on his CB in his hotel room with wheels, all the
truckers switch to another channel.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. The long road can be boring enough without her incessant giggling.

You've not shown the gonads to disagree with anything your leader has ever said. Why change, eh Don
White?

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 07:23:50 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

wrote:

Hell even a sextant and a decent chart should have found something
that was inhabited.

Made me think of the movie All Is Lost. After losing all of his electronics,
Redford sits down with a (previously unused) sextant and a book on
navigation and figures out how to use it. It's not like he or those women
had more important things to do with their spare time.

At the end of 5 months, I'd be pretty good at navigating with the stars.

That movie seemed to be a documentary of all the things *not* to do when at sea.