Tim Tim is offline

Default Speaking of Christmas in September

10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel....

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 4:56:40 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel....

I think Don just gets a charge out of pretending there's some truth to his myth. Maybe the facts will have set him straight, although he could have read the posts himself.

On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

Actually, I recall it as Johnny the Racist wanting to use WD-40 to
winterize his outboard. There was another inane question from JohnnyBoy
about which oil to use as oil, as it were.

True North wrote:
On Friday, 22 September 2017 11:50:28 UTC-3, John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:29:59 -0400, Alex wrote:

John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:10:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

9:16 AMJohn H
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:30:03 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
My lovely wife found one of these on Facebook being sold by a lady a couple miles away. She got it,
almost brand new, for $90.

What a game changer this thing is! So much better than crutches.

https://smile.amazon.com/Roscoe-Scoo...roscoe+ros-ksb

Definitely makes life much easier.

So what's going on. Are/did you have surgery? How much golf are
you going to have to miss?
Doctor says he doesn't think surgery will be necessary because the pieces are not dislocated. But,
he will not know for sure until after the CT scan this afternoon. I'll see him again Monday and
he'll have the 'surgery' answer.

The foot will be in 'no weight bearing' status for 2-3 months with physical therapy to follow. That
means wearing this damn boot 24/7, except when I ice the heel. Golf is not in the picture for a
while, nor is walking the dog, driving, mowing the grass, blowing leaves, working on my boat, etc.

A real pain in the ass.

Not to mention the motorcycle. If I was there I'd make sure it and the dogs got plenty of exercise. I've seen you boat. Honestly, I really don't think it needs any work done to it at all. Premium! ?
Yeah, no motorcycling either. But maybe I could motorize the knee scooter. Know anyone with a Ducati
engine I could buy cheap? I was thinking the boat could use a coat of wax for the winter. But I
guess it'll be OK without it. I reckon some WD-40 in the cylinders wouldn't hurt anything, eh?
WD-40 is the best for that.

Most of the experts I've discussed that with lately have agreed.

Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~

Even though 2 is lower than 4, it's actually much better.

wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
[...]

Ol' Brittle Bones Herring...maybe he should drink the WD-40...

Now that's just dumb. High five yourself for the giggle you got typing
that moronic post.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke
oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what
"brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have
musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was
a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So
that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to
put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

Actually, I recall it as Johnny the Racist wanting to use WD-40 to
winterize his outboard. There was another inane question from
JohnnyBoy about which oil to use as oil, as it were.

WD-40 is the cat's ass. Are you some expert?

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:56:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

I am not sure I was in the 2 stroke oil thing.

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:25:38 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

Actually, I recall it as Johnny the Racist wanting to use WD-40 to
winterize his outboard. There was another inane question from JohnnyBoy
about which oil to use as oil, as it were.

Actually I am not sure why WD40 would not do a decent job of
winterizing an outboard. You are just trying to prevent corrosion.
By the time you get a cranky old 2 stroke going in the spring, it will
be saturated in fuel oil mix.
I suspect you could do pretty much the same thing by just pumping the
enricher (pushing in the key) while it is running, until it stalled.
(isn't that essentially what an Etec does)
Then drain the carb and blow out the lines and drain the tank.
Gas being what it is, I would rather take my chances on a little
condensation than have a tank of bad gas in the spring.
Fill it with E-10 and rock and roll in the spring. That will burn off
any condensation you had.

On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

Actually, I recall it as Johnny the Racist wanting to use WD-40 to
winterize his outboard. There was another inane question from JohnnyBoy
about which oil to use as oil, as it were.

Nope, different situation. My friend Adri, from Holland, who taught gas and diesel engine mechanics
as his career, wondered why WD-40 couldn't be used in the cylinders. I didn't know why not, so posed
the question here. You, and your little buddy, of course, decided to change the scenario around to
suit your desire to be insulting.

But, that's quite typical of liars.

wrote:

On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

There you go. That was the damn question.

Now I'm wondering if a light coating of spray olive oil might do the job.

September - sdc2011_0309_shipshape_september_drda.jpg joevan[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 0 April 7th 12 11:39 PM
r_Law_12_Rex, September 8, 1944_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 October 12th 10 07:28 PM
September Surprises... Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 37 October 6th 10 05:17 PM
OT - September Clues Larry General 1 August 7th 08 08:08 PM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone.. Mudi Electronics 0 December 21st 03 07:44 AM