Default Denny's Slogan

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:27:20 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Whenever we drive "souf" and leave early in the morning, we drive down
301 until we hit a good, close crossover to I-95, and have breakfast at
a Waffle House. Love that food once in a while and, of course, there is
always plenty of drama at a Waffle House.

Don't you just hop on 207 right past AP Hill? (another evil name that
has to change)

Yup...there's a Waffle House there just on the other side of I-95.
However, there is a lot less drama in that WH than in the ones in the
Carolinas.

I was usually rolling when I got there and would not stop until I
needed gas. My trips to Florida were always about as non-stop as I
could possibly do. The best car for that turned out to be my Gremlin.
That was a one stop trip, Clinton to Treasure Island.
It had a 25 gallon tank and would make it all the way on one fill up.
(handy when gas was hard to come by in the 70s)

Oh, we did it that way when we were younger, non-stop except maybe to
pee and refill our tanks. Not any more.

I don't make that trip anymore either. Every time I have been to the
DC area we either did it by way of several days in a cabin in the
mountains somewhere, flying home or fly both ways. I haven't been on
I-95 other than short hops in SE Fla for over 30 years

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:34:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

12:14
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:13 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/22/17 11:44 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:27:07 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Denny's is an OK place to go get a grand slam after the bars close but
I am not sure most people would consider it a birthday present. It is
basically a Waffle House without the "Scattered and Smothered" home
fries.

[...]

I never really enjoyed the culinary arts of the awful waffle while traveling until later.

When going to see my sister in Orlando I'd go almost non-stop on my CB 750 Honda. Catch a Mac or Arby's and drive straight through. I'd make it in 14 hrs. I was in my middle-late twenties. That was then, this is now...

I can't even imagine that trip on a bike but my buddy did it once (FtL
to Annapolis) and he says it was raining most of the way. He had us
sell the bike when he got there. (Triumph Bonny)
Tim Tim is offline

2:06
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:34:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
I can't even imagine that trip on a bike but my buddy did it once (FtL
to Annapolis) and he says it was raining most of the way. He had us
sell the bike when he got there. (Triumph Bonny)

---

With Lucas ignition I'm surprised it made it in a mist!

Brits made fun bikes, just be prepared to live with hassles.

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:09 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:40:16 -0400, John H
wrote:

I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year. Not to cause any trouble, but shouldn't that be
an even number?

Mormons?

That could well be!

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:52:43 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:42:18 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 19:16:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:09:26 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:01:06 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:04 -0400, John H
wrote:

In using the word 'overspiced', you can only be referring to the additional garlic I recommend. Keep
in mind, garlic is not a spice, it's a vegetable. You should eat lots of vegetables and less of
whatever got you the man-boobs.

It is also a strong antioxidant with lots of beneficial properties. I
buy it fresh by the bag..

Try this:

1. Cut the top off each head of garlic, exposing the cloves within.

2. Place the garlic heads in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt
and pepper.

3. Pour in about 1 1/2 tablespoons water for each head of garlic. (Option: You can also use white
wine, for a winey-infused garlic.)

4. Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid.

5. Microwave on 50% power in periods of 3 minutes.

6. Check the garlic after each 3-minute period, poking it with a fork to see how tender the garlic
cloves are. (Be careful when removing the lid, as hot steam will billow out.)

7. Continue microwaving. After 6 minutes have elapsed, cook in increments of 1 minute each, until
the garlic is very soft and can be pierced easily with a fork. Squeeze garlic out of the cloves and
use in a recipe. Or turbo-boost your garlic by giving it a quick roast!

The garlic cloves will squeeze right out. This is a great way to make garlic mashed potatoes.

I don't have a problem peeling raw garlic but I do agree roasting it
makes it better ... much like chilies.
I crush garlic into a dry pan and roast it a bit add a chunk of butter
and cook it down to add to things like potatoes. If you start with
that and a bundle of tied up thyme, then when it has sauteed well add
cut up red potatoes and cover with water you got you something. Cook
covered on low heat until the potatoes are soft tossing a few times,
then uncover, remove the thyme bundle, increase heat and toss until
the remaining liquid is boiled away. You end up with creamy red
potatoes.

The nice thing about the microwave method above is how easy the garlic is to get out of the peel
once zapped. Just squeeze the head and each bulb just squishes out.

I smash them on the block with the flat side of my big knife and the
skin pops off. I am going to crush it or chop it anyway.

We all do that. No biggee.

Tim wrote:
2:06
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:34:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
I can't even imagine that trip on a bike but my buddy did it once (FtL
to Annapolis) and he says it was raining most of the way. He had us
sell the bike when he got there. (Triumph Bonny)

---

With Lucas ignition I'm surprised it made it in a mist!

Brits made fun bikes, just be prepared to live with hassles.

Lucas, prince of Darkness.

Tim Tim is offline

Bill
Lucas, prince of Darkness.
---/

"The Black [k]Night!"

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:29:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

2:06
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:34:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
I can't even imagine that trip on a bike but my buddy did it once (FtL
to Annapolis) and he says it was raining most of the way. He had us
sell the bike when he got there. (Triumph Bonny)

---

With Lucas ignition I'm surprised it made it in a mist!

Brits made fun bikes, just be prepared to live with hassles.

Those old Trumpets had a pretty primitive electrical system. There
wasn't a lot to go wrong. The choppers didn't even have a battery most
of the time and the voltage regulator was a Zener diode under the
handlebars

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:57:27 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

"The Black [k]Night!"

None shall pass!