Default Yo, Justan

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:50:01 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 12:54:10 UTC-3, John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:05:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 9/21/2017 10:31 AM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:50:28 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 09:13:37 UTC-3, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Just bought a "camper" for ****s and grins.

It's not a traveling hotel suite though. Little, 17 foot
"hybrid" ... the type that the ends fold out forming a queen bed on one
end and a full bed on the other.

Bought it from a friend who is up-sizing. He took meticulous care of it
(reminds me of you) and all it needed was a new battery. Canvas covers
for the ends are like new because he always covered them with a tarp
when in use.

Only weighs 2900 lbs dry, so the GMC Canyon handles it with no problem.
It is rated to tow up to 7,000 lbs.

Plan is for local trips once in a while, just as a diversion and
something to do. Probably spend some weekends or maybe a week or so
down at that campsite in Bourne that overlooks the Cape Cod Canal.

Thought you mentioned a modest sized travel trailer a while back...or does that belong to the wife?

I've been thinking of a hybrid trailer in that size range but they've gotten very expensive up here since our dollar dropped in value. Used to see the new trailers in the $18K range but now closer to $25K

You were thinking of one a couple years back. Here you go!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...ationFlag=true

The one I just bought looks exactly like this one. Paid 5K for it.

http://img.scgpix.com/listimg/img1_1116/22/img_oWQhoakv7hIoICj_r.jpg

Nice! That might be a bit much for his Highlander (or whatever he's running now). That's almost the
size we started with - 19'.

What did you do with that Sprinter chassi'd rig you had? That would be perfect for trips to the
cape.

Say what?
My Highlander is rated for 5000 lbs....down to 4000 when the safety factor of 80% is added in.
Richard said his new trailer weighs 2900 lbs.

I thought you taught high school math to those inner city kids.... oh wait a minute, they didn't do so well, eh!

Reap what you sow, Don. Why insert rancor into a decent thread?

John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:17:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 9/21/2017 10:09 AM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:13:28 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just bought a "camper" for ****s and grins.

It's not a traveling hotel suite though. Little, 17 foot
"hybrid" ... the type that the ends fold out forming a queen bed on one
end and a full bed on the other.

Bought it from a friend who is up-sizing. He took meticulous care of it
(reminds me of you) and all it needed was a new battery. Canvas covers
for the ends are like new because he always covered them with a tarp
when in use.

Only weighs 2900 lbs dry, so the GMC Canyon handles it with no problem.
It is rated to tow up to 7,000 lbs.

Plan is for local trips once in a while, just as a diversion and
something to do. Probably spend some weekends or maybe a week or so
down at that campsite in Bourne that overlooks the Cape Cod Canal.

Cool! Probably pretty cheap too. A little space heater will probably
keep you snug as a bug in a rug
while down at Cape Cod. I'll bet you'll have a great time with it.

No need for a space heater really. It has all the stuff a "big" camper
has ... dual propane tanks, heat, AC, gas stove, microwave... even an
oven that has never been used. Ovens are dumb in little rigs anyway, I
think. What are you going to cook in them, a miniature turkey?

Use the campground's electricity! Your propane isn't free. Ovens are
great for biscuits to go with
your sausage gravy. Although I have baked them on the BBQ.

We've got all the 'stuff' also, but a little office space heater is our
heater of choice. Especially
in the bedroom, which is probably close in size to your whole rig.

Our three best buys:

https://smile.amazon.com/Lasko-75420...s=space+heater

https://smile.amazon.com/White-Solid...ot+plate&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Presto-0685...ric+frying+pan

Cheap, take up very little room, and use the campground's electricity!

My new truck camper has the Aldi System. Radiant heat. Works on propane
or electricity.

True North wrote:
On Thursday, 21 September 2017 11:31:38 UTC-3, John H wrote:
[...]

See what I mean...11 years old and they still want over $5K for it.
Doesn't even look like a 12 footer...maybe a ten.

BTW..wife wouldn't go for it....no bathroom.

Thetford porta potty.

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:45:18 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
[...]

Most of those in that size have a head and even a tiny shower. Much better to use the bathhouse at the campground in that case. If you have a 20+ footer, you can enjoy a shower in a decent sized bathroom.

Bill Wrote in message:
True North wrote:
[...]

Harry had a different solution. He locked his head and provided a
briefcase toilet for his SO to use.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North wrote:
[...]

May be rated for 5000# but I would be extremely leery. My S10 Blazer was
rated 5000# and 4000# was a struggle and broke a differential gear one
time.

Tim Tim is offline

"I now see my error. Amazing what a fumble finger will ripe. I was meaning "tip-out". Lol "

"Ripe?" Awww for pity sakes!
(Write...)🙄