Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Jackpot!

Well, not the powerball...

The president of the company I've worked for over 30 years just gave me a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers his dad bought in the '80s. They are in great shape having been used and stored inside in climate controlled conditions over the years, and just need a little attention. The crossovers need to be rebuilt, and there's a company out there that sells a kit. The surrounds for the woofer and radiator are still in good shape. If the diaphragms for the tweeter and midrange horn drivers need to be replaced (and I'm thinking they probably do) there is a place that specializes in that very thing as well.

They still sound very good. I've been using a pair of NHT speakers that i've had for a while that are Audiophile magazine rated at borderline class "B" speakers, but these have a much bigger presence and soundfield even in their aged condition. Should be a fun project bringing them back to their glory.

I'm stoked..