Default #58

This is a great find. It's a Ruger M77 Mark II with a beautiful
laminated stock. The model number isn't listed in the Blue Book,
anywhere online, and Ruger has told me it was never in their catalog and
likely a custom build that was never sold and has spent nearly 30 years
in their private collection. It's a bolt action rifle chambered in .223
that will remain unfired in my collection. I already have an M77
Hawkeye in .223 that I bought to shoot.

As a side note, after watching them fire proof loads (over-pressured by
about 50%) at the factory last year, I asked if I could fire 5.56 NATO
in my Hawkeye. His response was "I can't recommended it" with a wink
and a smile, of course. He also said that early models of the Mini-14
were stamped .223 but after a flood of phone calls they changed that
with the minor exception of some target models that had thinner barrels.

Alex wrote:
This is a great find. It's a Ruger M77 Mark II with a beautiful
laminated stock. The model number isn't listed in the Blue Book,
anywhere online, and Ruger has told me it was never in their catalog and
likely a custom build that was never sold and has spent nearly 30 years
in their private collection. It's a bolt action rifle chambered in .223
that will remain unfired in my collection. I already have an M77
Hawkeye in .223 that I bought to shoot.

As a side note, after watching them fire proof loads (over-pressured by
about 50%) at the factory last year, I asked if I could fire 5.56 NATO
in my Hawkeye. His response was "I can't recommended it" with a wink
and a smile, of course. He also said that early models of the Mini-14
were stamped .223 but after a flood of phone calls they changed that
with the minor exception of some target models that had thinner barrels.

Let us know when the thugs in your hood realize the number of firearms you
have and decide to relieve you of them.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Keyser Söze wrote:
Alex wrote:
[...]

I don't live in the "hood" and I have two safes, a security system,
cameras, and insurance so don't hold your breath.