Default Captain Has License Suspended for Failing to Avoid a Collision...

On 8/14/2017 5:17 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:32:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/14/17 1:26 PM,
wrote:
On 14 Aug 2017 15:45:49 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:06:49 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

My Navigator was certainly not anywhere near the size of this river
cruise ship but I remember being in the ICW somewhere in either North
Carolina or South Carolina where the ICW channel took a sharp, almost
ninety degree turn to the left. As I approached, just before the turn,
there where about a hundred or more small, 10 to 16 foot fishing boats
clogging the channel. A guy in a Grand Banks was behind me. I slowed
down and put the boat in neutral, looking for a path to take to get
through all the boats. The guy in the Grand Banks took a chance and
went left of the channel markers and ran aground on a sand bar.

The people fishing in the little boats just looked at me. They weren't
about to move, so I slowly started weaving my way through the pack of
boats, judiciously going between forward, reverse and neutral, using the
twins screws to steer through them. Some gave me the finger as I passed
close to them.

I don't know what the deal was. They were all sitting right in the
middle of the marked channel.

Reminds you of the group of whatevers trying to annoy the crap out
of anyone attempting to go about their business.

You mean, like decent people annoying the neo-nazis?

Do you fly the swastika on that Volvo powered yacht you keep telling
us about?

Why would I do that?

You seemed to be implying Richard was a neo nazi because he wanted to
take his boat through a crowd of smaller boats. Isn't your boat the
biggest and bestest of all?

I didn't state or imply any such thing. My reference was to neo-nazis,
not to luddite, and to the attempts of decent people to
counter-demonstrate against them in Charlottesville. Try reading without
that chip on your shoulder.

Try not inserting nazis into every thread you post into. We were
talking about a boat navigating through a channel and you made the
leap to nazis from that, implying Richard must be one just because he
wanted to get through a raft up of assholes.

Heh. Wayne posts a story about a river cruise boat captain who lost his
license, I post a personal story about navigating the ICW threw a
crowded fishing convention (both boating related) and Harry immediately
responds with more of his political crap.

And he wonders why I call him a troll.

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:49:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 8/14/2017 5:17 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:32:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

===

And "Troll" is one of the more polite things that he's been called. I
prefer Arse'l because it sounds almost nautical. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:56:32 -0600 (MDT), justan wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 8/14/2017 9:07 AM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/13/2017 11:34 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:34:38 -0400,

wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:02:32 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 13:43:52 -0400,

wrote:

...while navigating through a crowd.

But he was caught up in a really tough situation.

http://gcaptain.com/captain-has-lice...eid=1fb2ec477f

---

He should have stopped and waited for the CG to clear the channel.

===

That would be the text book solution of course. I'm guessing that he
thought the CG would open up a path for him, and by the time he
realized that wasn't going to happen, he was in too deep. The wind
coming from his port side was blowing him out of the channel and he
had little or no steerageway for maneuvering. His only hope at that
point would have required powerful bow and stern thrusters which he
probably didn't have. USCG was really at fault for not keeping the
channel clear in my opinion. Those boats run on a regular schedule
and everyone should have known he was coming.

I agree it is hard to say what happened from a news story but backing
down and getting out of there as soon as he saw the mob in the channel
was probably the right answer. "Never take your vessel into a
situation you can't get out of". I also understand he believed he had
the right of free transit through that channel.
I am not sure if thrusters would have worked in that situation either.
Imagine what happens if he starts rolling them over with the outflow
or sucks in a kayak. People are just stupid and probably do not
understand what a thruster does.

[...]

Anarchists, no doubt, not willing to roll over for the plutocratic
yachtsmen.

--
Posted with my iPad Pro

And the bald one enlightens us to his negative thinking yet again.

He's nothing but a troll.

And, like every other endeavor he's persued, he's not very good at it.

I'm liking Luddite's idea better and better. He may not be good but he's surely not ignored!

wrote:
...while navigating through a crowd.

But he was caught up in a really tough situation.

http://gcaptain.com/captain-has-lice...eid=1fb2ec477f

---
http://www.avg.com

Harry likely has one of his computers paused at 1:26 in the first video
and hasn't left the basement.