Default Picture Test - Star Flyer.jpg - Star Flyer.jpg

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 15:24:31 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 8/7/2017 3:19 PM, John H wrote:
On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:00:12 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 14:45:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 11:19:20 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 07:20:40 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:59:05 -0400,
wrote:

---
http://www.avg.com

Got it. Nice boat.

===

That's really interesting. My news server (supernews.com) is allowing
me to upload binaries to non-binary groups but is not displaying them.
I assumed they were being deleted and not propogated but obviously
not. Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think it could be because you're using Agent?

===

No. I'm seeing Richard's binaries just fine, and you're seeing mine,
my Agent for both. Most likely it's because of Supernews but it seems
inconsistent.

You, Greg and I are using Agent and having no problems. Weird.

Except Wayne can't see the images you attach (using Agent). That's
what's weird. It has to be server related.

Must be.

On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 20:18:28 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:59:05 -0400,
wrote:

---
http://www.avg.com

Got it. Nice boat.

===

That's really interesting. My news server (supernews.com) is allowing
me to upload binaries to non-binary groups but is not displaying them.
I assumed they were being deleted and not propogated but obviously
not. Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think it could be because you're using Agent?

===

No. I'm seeing Richard's binaries just fine, and you're seeing mine,
my Agent for both. Most likely it's because of Supernews but it seems
inconsistent.

You, Greg and I are using Agent and having no problems. Weird.

I seem to be able to post them but the only one I saw was Richards.
I tried with my old Agent and my new v.8, same thing. I also tried it
with the instance that I use for binaries in case it was just a
setting thing.

Has to be a server thing.

Default Picture Test - Star Flyer.jpg - Star Flyer.jpg - Mvc-006f.jpg (0/1)

wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:59:05 -0400,
wrote:

---
http://www.avg.com

Got it. Nice boat.

===

That's really interesting. My news server (supernews.com) is allowing
me to upload binaries to non-binary groups but is not displaying them.
I assumed they were being deleted and not propogated but obviously
not. Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think it could be because you're using Agent?

===

No. I'm seeing Richard's binaries just fine, and you're seeing mine,
my Agent for both. Most likely it's because of Supernews but it seems
inconsistent.

You, Greg and I are using Agent and having no problems. Weird.

I seem to be able to post them but the only one I saw was Richards.
I tried with my old Agent and my new v.8, same thing. I also tried it
with the instance that I use for binaries in case it was just a
setting thing.

Has to be a server thing.

The strange thing is Richard uses Giganews and it works for him so it
is the interaction between Agent and Giganews. It may also be size
related since I only saw the one small schematic picture.
I will try a small one

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 11:41:33 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:

You are the one who seems to be most likely to throw an off topic
juvenile insult into an otherwise adult conversation. After that it
becomes another rec.boats food fight. It is amazing how calm it is
here without you.

Bull**** and bull****.

You only have to review this thread to see it

wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:59:05 -0400,
wrote:

---
http://www.avg.com

Got it. Nice boat.

===

[...]

Nope, an 80k JPG did not make the trip.
Maybe it was because it was an attachment to flat text and not
embedded in the original message as an HTML or something.

wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:59:05 -0400,
wrote:

---
http://www.avg.com

Got it. Nice boat.

===

[...]

To add to the confusion:

It only works for me when I view my own post with an attachment. I don't
see any other attached images from anyone else. Go figure.

The only thing I can think of (and it's a pure guess, not really knowing
how connections work) is that since I post and receive via Giganews,
the posts are not routed outside of the Giganews "network" so to speak,
so the attachments are not roadblocked along the way. But, since you
also use Giganews, that theory sorta goes out the window unless the
"path" from there to here goes outside of the Giganews server network
somewhere along the way.

I am going to try an experiment. I am now using the new, Win 10
computer. I'll fire up the Win 7 laptop (also has Thunderbird and
Giganews as a newsgroup reader/server. I'll attach an image to a post
using the laptop and then see if it arrives on the Win 10 machine.

High Flyer- Galilee RI 8-20-2016 Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 October 23rd 16 01:38 PM
Flyer- Newport RI Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 January 2nd 12 04:13 PM
Global Flyer... made it! DSK ASA 0 March 4th 05 02:41 PM
The Aqua Flyer Kory Klosterman Power Boat Racing 0 June 28th 04 02:47 AM
Key West Flyer TStaron Power Boat Racing 13 August 29th 03 01:31 PM