Default New Tiki project

We have had the Bud Light sign for a long time and we had an
assortment of poster size pictures in it. I came up with a 20" monitor
I wasn't using so I cut it into the sign and hooked it to an old
laptop. Now we can run slide shows, videos or even streams if I like.
I am sure Harry thinks it is a silly waste of time but it is my time
and I like making things a little different than what everyone else
has. Once I get everything running right I can hide the laptop in the
garage.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

On Friday, 21 July 2017 07:40:21 UTC-3, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 7/21/2017 2:22 AM, wrote:
We have had the Bud Light sign for a long time and we had an
assortment of poster size pictures in it. I came up with a 20" monitor
I wasn't using so I cut it into the sign and hooked it to an old
laptop. Now we can run slide shows, videos or even streams if I like.
I am sure Harry thinks it is a silly waste of time but it is my time
and I like making things a little different than what everyone else
has. Once I get everything running right I can hide the laptop in the
garage.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

You should be getting a call from Danielle Colby of "American Pickers"
any day now. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

That's just what I was going to say. We have our own 'Canadian Pickers' show and the characters from Alberta travel all over Canada looking for interesting articles to buy and sell at a considerable profit. Unusual old popular signs (Coke, oil companies, beer etc) seem to be high on the list.

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:40:11 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 7/21/2017 2:22 AM, wrote:
We have had the Bud Light sign for a long time and we had an
assortment of poster size pictures in it. I came up with a 20" monitor
I wasn't using so I cut it into the sign and hooked it to an old
laptop. Now we can run slide shows, videos or even streams if I like.
I am sure Harry thinks it is a silly waste of time but it is my time
and I like making things a little different than what everyone else
has. Once I get everything running right I can hide the laptop in the
garage.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

You should be getting a call from Danielle Colby of "American Pickers"
any day now. :-)

A collector would say I destroyed the value of that sign by cutting
the monitor into it. The sign was a gift from a bar owner that my wife
sold an air conditioner to. She was drinking Bud Light in those days.
He was happy that she could get a unit installed the same day and he
did not lose a few days of business.

Most of the stuff out there was collected on vacation. The license tag
collection started in Nassau when I found that tag on a junked truck
bumper that had been parted out on Arawak Cay (west of the docks).
Some of the others were collected in the wild, most came from junk
yards and the one from Juarez may have been stolen to order ;-)
I was sitting in a little cantina, I asked the server if he knew where
I could find an old tag and a few minutes later a guy showed up with
one. It had a current sticker on it.
We always try to find something unusual wherever we are.

wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:40:11 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 7/21/2017 2:22 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Well done!

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/21/17 10:23 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
We have had the Bud Light sign for a long time and we had an
assortment of poster size pictures in it. I came up with a 20" monitor
I wasn't using so I cut it into the sign and hooked it to an old
laptop. Now we can run slide shows, videos or even streams if I like.
I am sure Harry thinks it is a silly waste of time but it is my time
and I like making things a little different than what everyone else
has. Once I get everything running right I can hide the laptop in the
garage.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

That looks great. Screw Harry and his deadbeat, narcissistic comments.

You mean my comment that Daffy is cute, **** for brains? That offended
you?

Daffy? Are you reading the same post, moron? It's quoted above. Teach
your dumb friend to do the same.

Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/21/17 10:23 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
We have had the Bud Light sign for a long time and we had an
assortment of poster size pictures in it. I came up with a 20" monitor
I wasn't using so I cut it into the sign and hooked it to an old
laptop. Now we can run slide shows, videos or even streams if I like.
I am sure Harry thinks it is a silly waste of time but it is my time
and I like making things a little different than what everyone else
has. Once I get everything running right I can hide the laptop in the
garage.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

That looks great. Screw Harry and his deadbeat, narcissistic comments.

You mean my comment that Daffy is cute, **** for brains? That offended
you?

Daffy? Are you reading the same post, moron? It's quoted above. Teach
your dumb friend to do the same.

Follow up to Ireland trip. Food much cheaper than NZ!

Tiki bar on wheels [email protected] General 13 March 28th 17 05:19 PM
Windlass project for my aluminum b oat is complete! (With photos ofthe project.) FishWisher General 14 September 14th 09 01:55 AM
Kon Tiki sails again! Magnum ASA 0 September 7th 04 02:44 AM
Tiki talk anyone??? David Roy Boat Building 0 June 10th 04 11:24 PM