Default New Computer

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:23:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

In the process of setting up a new computer. Using the old laptop in
the meantime. I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to update, set all
your preferences, etc. Right now it's updating Win 10 and has been at
it for a while.

Got an HP "all in one". 27" screen for my aging eyes, Pentium I-7, and I
forget all the rest. Hopefully I'll get all my passwords, etc.,
transferred before the old, 9 year old laptop gives up the ghost.

I was a little nervous about making the transition from Win 7 to Win 10
so I spent almost an hour at the store playing with it. Not as bad as I
feared. I was concerned because I remember playing with a computer
that had Win 8 on it and it was horrible.

When you get everything exactly the way you like it, create an image
of the C:. Then if you lose a hard drive or get a nasty virus, it is
very fast to get back to where you were.

If your computer's OS... F*O*A*D General 18 April 4th 14 01:07 PM
New computer bug! Tim General 1 April 23rd 09 02:41 PM
computer or not? Parallax Cruising 18 December 6th 04 10:37 AM
Computer dry-bag? Trevor Miller General 3 May 22nd 04 05:54 AM
DC computer tstefanski^^@ameritech.net Electronics 0 August 27th 03 12:09 AM