BoatBanter.com

-   -   Alternative to Photobucket (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/174753-alternative-photobucket.html)

Mr. Luddite June 27th 17 09:59 PM

Alternative to Photobucket

On 6/27/2017 1:27 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:21:40 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 02:31:23 -0700 (PDT), RGrew176
wrote:

I've been using TinyPic for years. Sometimes it glitches but most of the time it works well.

If you guys tried web space, you would never use those ad sites again.
All I do is drag a file to the upload folder and hit scan or just
right click it and hit upload.

So where is this web space thingy?

Greg is recommending getting a domain name and a personal website.

There are some "free" ones ... like "Wix" but they have ads and are a
pain. When I had the guitar shop I paid for a website through Wix.
I don't recommend it. Once you have it, it's almost impossible to
cancel your account. I fought through that and finally succeeded but a
3 years later they charged my credit card to renew the domain name which
I didn't ask for.

There are probably better ones you can pay to have. Just don't
recommend Wix. For me, the TinyPic site works just fine and you don't
even have to have an account.

---
http://www.avg.com

John H[_2_] June 27th 17 10:29 PM

wrote:

[...]

I think the tinypic site is pretty damn cool. Thanks again!

Bill[_12_] June 27th 17 11:57 PM

justan wrote:
wrote:

I've been using TinyPic for years. Sometimes it glitches but most of
the time it works well.

If you guys tried web space, you would never use those ad sites again.
All I do is drag a file to the upload folder and hit scan or just
right click it and hit upload.

I have a personal server with eight terabytes of space spread across
four hard drives. I store all sorts of files there, including photos,
music, videos, and of course work output. I use an outside server to
stash photos I want to share. I wouldn't want any of the assholes here
(you're not in that group) poking around my personal server, or trying
to poke around it.

Photo taken at recent bluegrass festival:

http://tinyurl.com/y7yy2sxo

The kind of stuff you download shouldn't be made available to the
public.

Probably Harry family reunion.