Default Where's the giant headlines?

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:25:34 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

While channel surfing a couple of nights ago I came across MSNBC and
Rachel Maddow. I stopped and listened/watched her for a while because
she was obviously wound up about something, flaying her arms around,
grinning from ear to ear, and babbling away in that obnoxious way she has.

She was "breaking" news regarding the timing of the NYT's article that
was a result of Comey's leaking of his notes relative to Trump's tweet
regarding their private conversation. She was excitingly reporting that
Trump's lawyer had totally screwed up the timing by claiming that the
article appeared *before* Trump tweeted. "Nope, nope, nope," she was
claiming, "Didn't happen that way at all" ... "Wrong, wrong wrong".

Well, she's wrong. Turns out the NYT's *did* publish an article the day
before Trump's tweet that discussed in detail the Comey/Trump private
conversations and accurately reflected most of what was written in the
NYT's article four days after Trump's tweet as a result of Comey
"leaking" his notes. Seems much of the detailed info of their meeting
was leaked before it was leaked.

This "breaking news" on the Comcast/NBC/MSNBC outlets is really
getting silly. We were watching the Al Roker and Savanna show the
other morning (because TV in the mountains sucks) and they stopped
their blather for a minute for "breaking news" that was not really
news, (flashing graphics and all) then they had the temerity to say
"now we return to our regular programming" ... and it was still just
them.

wrote:

[...]

===

It's all part of the big media conspiracy and "dumbing down" of
America. We've now got at least two or three generations of people
who don't believe anything that doesn't appear on television.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

We watch the Today Show every morning while getting ready for work. It's worth at least two or three chuckles every day. And then there's Chuck Todd. What a transparent asshat.

Where's the giant headlines? Tim General 27 June 12th 17 07:23 PM
Headlines from 2059 Poco Loco General 8 October 29th 14 03:30 PM
Headlines .... Eisboch[_9_] General 37 August 22nd 13 01:26 AM
OT--Great headlines everywhere NOYB General 26 December 4th 03 12:43 PM