Default Hold down the fort

I am going up north for golf and fishing.

wrote:
I am going up north for golf and fishing.

Panacea, Fl?

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

On Tue, 2 May 2017 10:29:20 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
I am going up north for golf and fishing.

Panacea, Fl?

I was in Bradenton this time. Same guys, different venue.
They wanted to go offshore but the weather was not cooperative so we
just chased fish around by hitting golf balls into the lakes at
Manatee golf course. ;-)

On 5/4/17 12:53 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2017 08:02:14 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
I am going up north for golf and fishing.

Panacea, Fl?

I was in Bradenton this time. Same guys, different venue.
They wanted to go offshore but the weather was not cooperative so we
just chased fish around by hitting golf balls into the lakes at
Manatee golf course. ;-)

Hey, *i* could hit golf balls into a lake. Maybe.

The "game" is silly but hitting the ball is fun. I actually had a
pretty good front nine but the back nine was bad for all of us. I
think we were all just "done". We were all just dropping another ball
and hitting it. Nobody was really keeping score.
It may have been my fault. I took them about 150-200 golf balls I got
for free. The serious golfer in our group went through and plucked out
all of the "Pro V" and a couple Callaways and Nikes he said were good.
We were whacking the rest. I am sure the ball hawks were in hawk
heaven following us around. I bet we left 20 in the tall grass and a
few more in the water.

I played a round at Hilton Head last summer. Maybe that is overstating
it. I bashed a bunch of golf balls around a course and managed to see a
couple of gators in a couple of water hazards which, of course, made
them real water hazards.

wrote:
I am going up north for golf and fishing.

Panacea, Fl?

I was in Bradenton this time. Same guys, different venue.
They wanted to go offshore but the weather was not cooperative so we
just chased fish around by hitting golf balls into the lakes at
Manatee golf course. ;-)

Yesterday I got to the course before it officially opened. There's no driving range, so I'll hit a
few trash balls into the lake between numbers 10 and 11. I'd hit a couple into the lake and my next
shot went well out into the fairway on number 10. In other words, I totally missed a good sized golf
course lake! And, the marshall had come out of the clubhouse just as I took that swing. He though I
was starting on the back nine before the course opened. So I had to explain it was just a ****ty
practice shot.

I wish I could get such a shot every time I play number 10. About half the time the damn ball goes
into the lake!

I cleared every water hazard I had to go over. My problem was the ones
on the right ... out of play. ;-)
I have a nagging slice that just comes and goes. I got a nice 5 wood
(titanium) that was abandoned in the cart barn at my wife's place
before they tore it down. It has become my go to club for that 150-160
yard shot off the grass. I am hitting that one well. It does beg the
question that I might play better if I threw away my mismatched bag of
80 year old clubs or just sell them as antiques. I have a 3 iron from
Bobby Jones. a Ky Laffoon 9 iron.

wrote:
[...]

I'm a veteran of Lou Galby's Chip & Putt, a par 3 per hole course in
Milford, CT, where I spent my summers. Galby was a fairly famous
Connecticut pro. He had a driving range on his site, too. My guess is
that his old property is now...retch...condominiums.

wrote:
[...]

I have an expensive set of Callaway irons foisted on me by a Golfsmith fitter. I've never been able
to hit them, but he said I was good enough for them now.

I recently bought a used set of Callaway 'Big Bertha' game improvement irons for $227 on Ebay. Love
'em. Funny thing is, I had the same set several years ago and gave them to the grandsons. There's a
nice set of Callaway XR's sitting in the garage until I 'grow' into them!

In your shoes, I'd consider a used set like the ones I bought.

OT Try to hold it together Tim General 0 April 29th 10 03:59 PM
Fought my way off hold! Ted Bell ASA 1 February 5th 07 02:21 PM
Maybe you best hold off on that new boat Jim, General 5 April 20th 05 08:36 PM