Default Yo Tim...FWIW

The float and float needle *can* be removed from the 'dexter' carburetor without removing the carb.
To order new float needles, I needed the number on the seat. Now there are two on order:

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1335

Hopefully that'll solve my carb leaking problem. Oh, the floats are plastic, not brass. No gas in
them, so apparently they're not leaking.
Tim Tim is offline

3:20 PMPoco Deplorevole
The float and float needle *can* be removed from the 'dexter' carburetor without removing the carb.
To order new float needles, I needed the number on the seat. Now there are two on order:

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1335

Hopefully that'll solve my carb leaking problem. Oh, the floats are plastic, not brass. No gas in
them, so apparently they're not leaking.

I wonder why two different needle sets offered for the same model carbs? Maybe one for higher performance? Can't see that though. Strange...

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 18:14:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

3:20 PMPoco Deplorevole
The float and float needle *can* be removed from the 'dexter' carburetor without removing the carb.
To order new float needles, I needed the number on the seat. Now there are two on order:

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1335

Hopefully that'll solve my carb leaking problem. Oh, the floats are plastic, not brass. No gas in
them, so apparently they're not leaking.

I wonder why two different needle sets offered for the same model carbs? Maybe one for higher performance? Can't see that though. Strange...

That's why I had to take the carb apart to find the damn number.
Tim Tim is offline

Apr 30Poco Deplorevole
That's why I had to take the carb apart to find the damn number.

Oh I'm familiar with that. I'm just curious of thy they had two needle applications. I wonder what the difference is between the two numbers...

On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Apr 30Poco Deplorevole
That's why I had to take the carb apart to find the damn number.

Oh I'm familiar with that. I'm just curious of thy they had two needle applications. I wonder what the difference is between the two numbers...

Here you go. They had three different sizes for different bikes, even though the carbs were the same
'PHF'. I suppose the LeMans, etc, sucked up gas a bit quicker than Millie.

"Dellorto float needle and seat size 250 for PHF and PHM series carburetors. The 250 size is
normally used on the mid-valve touring models of 850, 1000, and 1100cc. Guzzi used part number
17939167 for 1000 Convert with PHF carbs, Mille GT, 850 T5, 1000 G5 with PHF carbs, California II
with PHF carbs, California III, CX100 with PHF carbs.'

Dellorto float needle and seat size 300 for PHF and PHM series carburetors. The 300 size is used on
the 850 LeMans, LeMans II, 850 LeMans III, and LeMans 1000, as well as the big valve 1991 1000S,
1100 Sport, big valve California III, California 1100 carbed, Strada 1000, SP III. Guzzi used part
number 14939150 as well as 30939110.

Dellorto float needle and seat size 200 for PHF, PHBH, and VHBZ. The 200 size was used on the small
twins V35, V50, V65 and V75 models when equipped with PHBH carbs, as well as 850T5 first and second
series. Guzzi used part number 19934600. Dellorto number 8649200 "

On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Apr 30Poco Deplorevole
That's why I had to take the carb apart to find the damn number.

Oh I'm familiar with that. I'm just curious of thy they had two needle applications. I wonder what the difference is between the two numbers...

This is interesting. I've paid that much just for the OEM u-joint. Now some German outfit is making
a 'kit' for about the same price.

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1931

Tim Tim is offline

So delorto evidently used the save carb for different apps, excusing the needle and jetting. That's interesting. Using the same CFM Venturi carburation for the wide of a genre cc engines. I can't see it but it must have worked...
Tim Tim is offline

11:42 AMPoco Deplorevole
On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:15:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

This is interesting. I've paid that much just for the OEM u-joint. Now some German outfit is making
a 'kit' for about the same price.

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1931

Now that's the way to go. New couplers means new splines as well. Don't know how many grievances I've read on forums about worn splines on the shafts of high mileage machines. Occasionally low mile bikes as well...

On Mon, 1 May 2017 09:51:41 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

So delorto evidently used the save carb for different apps, excusing the needle and jetting. That's interesting. Using the same CFM Venturi carburation for the wide of a genre cc engines. I can't see it but it must have worked...

When I bought the Mille, it was jetted for the USA. Very soon after buying it, I bought a European
jetting kit for both carbs. Also put competition pipes on it at the same time. Turned it into a real
screamer.
Tim Tim is offline

12:10 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Mon, 1 May 2017 09:51:41 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

So delorto evidently used the save carb for different apps, excusing the needle and jetting. That's interesting. Using the same CFM Venturi carburation for the wide of a genre cc engines. I can't see it but it must have worked...

When I bought the Mille, it was jetted for the USA. Very soon after buying it, I bought a European
jetting kit for both carbs. Also put competition pipes on it at the same time. Turned it into a real
screamer.
I thought of looking up performance stuff for my v11, but I figure it's good enough the way it is. Still comptimplating an MV though...

FWIW Car wax Happy John General 2 April 5th 12 12:32 PM
FWIW Gordon Cruising 4 August 4th 10 11:02 AM
FWIW!!! John H[_8_] General 0 January 28th 09 09:54 PM
FWIW [email protected] General 0 May 21st 08 06:00 PM
OT FWIW Vito ASA 0 December 22nd 03 01:21 PM