Default University of California, Berkeley

If you were a business owner and expanding, would you
hire a recent Berkeley grad to join your company?

Ha ha ha ha .....

On 4/24/17 8:18 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

If you were a business owner and expanding, would you
hire a recent Berkeley grad to join your company?

Ha ha ha ha .....

Only if I wanted someone smart...

Berkeley is considered by the Times Higher Education World University
Rankings as one of six university brands that lead in world reputation
rankings in 2016 and is ranked third on the U.S. News' 2015 Best Global
Universities rankings conducted in the U.S. and nearly 50 other
countries. The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) also ranks
the University of California, Berkeley, third in the world overall, and
first among public universities.

On 4/24/2017 9:04 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/24/17 8:18 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

If you were a business owner and expanding, would you
hire a recent Berkeley grad to join your company?

Ha ha ha ha .....

Only if I wanted someone smart...

Berkeley is considered by the Times Higher Education World University
Rankings as one of six university brands that lead in world reputation
rankings in 2016 and is ranked third on the U.S. News' 2015 Best Global
Universities rankings conducted in the U.S. and nearly 50 other
countries. The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) also ranks
the University of California, Berkeley, third in the world overall, and
first among public universities.

None of which has anything to do with hiring a recent Berkeley grad.

I interviewed a software guy back in the mid 80's. We needed an
experienced person to write code that would process measurements made
during the operation of our thin film systems and to write algorithms to
control the overall process based on those measurements.

A really "smart" guy applied. His cover letter stated that he had
contributed to writing code for the original D-base program. He showed
up for the interview wearing shorts, a T shirt, sandals and a fanny pack
to store his "stuff".

I kept an open mind as we discussed the job requirements. Towards the
end though he stated that he required control and approval as to where
his code would be used and in no circumstances was it to be used in any
defense related projects.

Our ad for the position specifically stated that the position was
necessitated by a major DoD contract.

End of interview. Escorted the fruitcake to the door.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:18:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

If you were a business owner and expanding, would you
hire a recent Berkeley grad to join your company?

Ha ha ha ha .....

===

Interestingly enough, you might be surprised. Not all of the kids are
like that and they have an outstanding bunch of computer science
students. I interviewed graduating seniors there once and was very
impressed.
Tim Tim is offline

9:55 AMKeyser Soze
I'm sure the disgusting behavior of your president gives the United
States a bad name around the world.

*your* president. You mean the guy you campaigned for? and John Oliver urged to run and for me to vote for?

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 11:43:02 AM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
9:55 AMKeyser Soze
I'm sure the disgusting behavior of your president gives the United
States a bad name around the world.

*your* president. You mean the guy you campaigned for? and John Oliver urged to run and for me to vote for?

At least he is *our* president. Hilly was already bought and paid for by outside interests.

Berkeley lockdown Mr. Luddite General 6 April 23rd 17 02:22 AM
George Berkeley where are you now that we need you? [email protected] Cruising 0 June 5th 07 09:16 PM
TIMMY O'NEILL-OUTSIDE UNIVERSITY Steven D Schwortz Whitewater 2 April 6th 04 03:30 PM
FS: 32-ft Beneteau 321 in Berkeley, CA [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 24th 04 10:55 PM
RESEARCH AT UNIVERSITY OF SURREY - WE NEED YOUR HELP Emily Glorney General 0 November 24th 03 04:48 PM