Default Going up ....

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The number of militants killed in an attack by
the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the U.S. military
has risen to 94, an Afghan official said Saturday.

Ataullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor in Nangarhar,
said the number of Islamic State group dead was up from the 36 reported
a day earlier. A Ministry of Defense official had said Friday the number
of dead could rise as officials assessed the bomb site in Achin district.

"Fortunately there is no report of civilians being killed in the
attack," Khogyani said.

-------

(I post this for Harry's benefit. I am sure he will be disappointed.)

On 4/15/17 4:23 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The number of militants killed in an attack by
the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the U.S. military
has risen to 94, an Afghan official said Saturday.

Ataullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor in Nangarhar,
said the number of Islamic State group dead was up from the 36 reported
a day earlier. A Ministry of Defense official had said Friday the number
of dead could rise as officials assessed the bomb site in Achin district.

"Fortunately there is no report of civilians being killed in the
attack," Khogyani said.

-------

(I post this for Harry's benefit. I am sure he will be disappointed.)

I don't believe the U.S. military's body counts...(remember
Vietnam)...you expect me to believe an Afghani official? Who really knows?

On 4/15/2017 5:00 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/15/17 4:23 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The number of militants killed in an attack by
the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the U.S. military
has risen to 94, an Afghan official said Saturday.

Ataullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor in Nangarhar,
said the number of Islamic State group dead was up from the 36 reported
a day earlier. A Ministry of Defense official had said Friday the number
of dead could rise as officials assessed the bomb site in Achin district.

"Fortunately there is no report of civilians being killed in the
attack," Khogyani said.

-------

(I post this for Harry's benefit. I am sure he will be disappointed.)

I don't believe the U.S. military's body counts...(remember
Vietnam)...you expect me to believe an Afghani official? Who really knows?

Ok, let me ask you this then: Would you *like* to believe it?

On 4/15/17 5:05 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

36, 53, 197...it doesn't matter...the supply is endless.

On 4/15/2017 5:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

I think it's kinda funny you feel that way. I recall your immediate
reaction to the 9/11 attacks. You weren't such a pacifist then.

Have you ever really fought or worked for something you believed in or
you leave the dirty work to others and just sit around commenting and be
critical of their attempts?

On 4/15/17 5:22 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

If memory serves, the POTUS and his crew lied to us about the
nationalities of the attackers. They were Saudis, for the most part. We
attacked the wrong country.

On 4/15/2017 5:27 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Oh. That was ok then I guess. But actually, I don't remember Bush
blaming anyone of any specific nationality. I remember him blaming al
Queda, a terrorist organization under direction of bin Laden. Their
nationality wasn't initially known. Does it matter?

I think you are confusing the justifications given for invading Iraq and
going after Saddam. That came two years later, after months of UN
debate, testimony and ultimatums.

Anyway, the subject of my post and question wasn't the nationality of
the attackers or if the POTUS and his crew lied. The subject was your
reaction to the 9/11 attacks. The question was if you have really
fought or worked for something you believe in, or do you just provide
armchair critiques of those who have.

[...]

Yeah, I have, but the war against the Vietnamese was not on the list,
and neither, once the truth was out, was replacing the Russians in
Afghanistan. I think George W. Bush was correct in assembling a huge
coalition to push the Iraqis out of Kuwait. I've put my neck on the line
more than a few times to help minorities and workers, and to push for
land reform in Central America.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:22:47 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Have you ever really fought or worked for something you believed in

That is the problem. These jihadis are fighting for something they
believe in. One of the early generals said you can't kill your way out
of a fight like that unless we are talking genocide on a mass scale,
world wide.

On 4/15/17 8:53 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
[...]

Bull****

Of course...my mistake...I meant George H.W. Bush, of course.