Default new grandaughter

Beautiful but poor girl. Came in to the world with $53000 of national
debt. Why do we burden our children and grandchildren with debt not for
infrastructure?

Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to finance your high living style.

True North wrote:
Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to
finance your high living style.

Lots of pay a very fair share. It is the 46% who make up to about $60,000
US who pay no income tax.

True North wrote:
Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to finance your high living style.

I paid over $50K last year. Ask your buddy what he paid. Ask him what
he still owes. Ask him how many people were screwed in his bankruptcies.

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 2:36:51 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to finance your high living style.

Actually, Don, it's your BFF handler who doesn't pay his fair share of taxes. I suppose that's to whom your comment was directed, yes?

Poco Deplorevole
On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 2:36:51 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to finance your high living style.

"Actually, Don, it's your BFF handler who doesn't pay his fair share of taxes. I suppose that's to whom your comment was directed, yes?"

Wrong again, Johnny.
I'm speaking about the country in general. It's irresponsible to keep pushing the debt over to your grandchildren.

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 07:07:44 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Poco Deplorevole
On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 2:36:51 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Because none of y'all want to pay your fair share of taxes necessary to finance your high living style.

"Actually, Don, it's your BFF handler who doesn't pay his fair share of taxes. I suppose that's to whom your comment was directed, yes?"

Wrong again, Johnny.
I'm speaking about the country in general. It's irresponsible to keep pushing the debt over to your grandchildren.

Well, if the country in general doesn't pay enough taxes, what would you say about a deadbeat who
cheats on his taxes? They would be pretty low, eh Donnee?

Oh, and before you cast too many stones, check out your own problems:

"Budget deficits and increasing debt are key
fiscal issues as the federal and provincial gov-
ernments prepare to release their budgets this
year. Combined federal and provincial net debt
has increased from $834 billion in 2007/08 to
a projected $1.3 trillion in 2015/16. This com
-
bined debt equals 64.8% of the economy or
$35,827 for every man, woman, and child living
in Canada. "

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...anada-2016.pdf

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:58:33 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

[...]

The Canadians are still doing better than us.
I posted this a few days ago but the fact is we would need a 30%
across the board surcharge on all income tax revenues to balance the
budget. There is no "spending cut" that would do this or even get
close since 100% of the revenue goes to entitlements and interest on
the debt.
That interest averages around 3% but a lot of that is just bookkeeping
tricks that make SS/MC look better (intra governmental transfers). The
actual interest to 3d parties is more line 1.5%. It would not take
much of an interest hike to make the debt load disastrous.

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure they are. But the response was to Donnee's sarcastic comment, not a comparison of
statistics.

"The Canadians are still doing better than us.
I posted this a few days ago but the fact is we would need a 30%
across the board surcharge on all income tax revenues to balance the
budget. There is no "spending cut" that would do this or even get
close since 100% of the revenue goes to entitlements and interest on
the debt.
That interest averages around 3% but a lot of that is just bookkeeping
tricks that make SS/MC look better (intra governmental transfers). The
actual interest to 3d parties is more line 1.5%. It would not take
much of an interest hike to make the debt load disastrous."

Thank God there are still some Americans who understand what is required to restore sanity. Trouble is, you're probably grossly outnumbered.