Default Looks llike Piers is on a roll.

When I think of the US Navy, I think of Justine prancing around with the Village People on the deck of the battleship screeching out the lyrics of 'In the Navy'.

On 1/12/17 8:39 PM, True North wrote:
When I think of the US Navy, I think of Justine prancing around with the Village People on the deck of the battleship screeching out the lyrics of 'In the Navy'.

So do I, except for the fact that the Village People were talented.

True North Wrote in message:
When I think of the US Navy, I think of Justine prancing around with the Village People on the deck of the battleship screeching out the lyrics of 'In the Navy'.

You really are a dip****.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:47:24 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/12/17 8:34 PM, wrote:

I suppose you have a cite for that.

My unabridged copy of the OED...would that do?

Evidently that never made it online. You must have a special copy

True North wrote:
When I think of the US Navy, I think of Justine prancing around with the
Village People on the deck of the battleship screeching out the lyrics of 'In the Navy'.

You have a problem thinking.

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:39:12 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

When I think of the US Navy, I think of Justine prancing around with the Village People on the deck of the battleship screeching out the lyrics of 'In the Navy'.

You actually do that?

When you think of yourself what do you see?

On 1/12/17 10:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:47:24 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/12/17 8:34 PM,
wrote:

I suppose you have a cite for that.

My unabridged copy of the OED...would that do?

Evidently that never made it online. You must have a special copy

There are lots of reference books and materials that "never made it
online," but the OED is not one of them. It's available online. But I
have my own copy of the OED and have had it for 20+ years, at least.

Here, just for you, boychik:

navy1

(ˈneɪvɪ)

Forms: 4–5 nauye, navye, 4–7 nauie, navie, 5–7 nauy, 5– navy; 4–5 nauee,
navee, 5–6 naue, nave.

[a. OF. navie fleet:—Romanic *navia, f. L. nāvis ship: see -y3.]

*1.1 a.1.a (Without article.) Number of ships; ships or shipping. Obs.

c 1330 R. Brunne Chron. (1810) 24 A duke‥aryued on þis lond with
fulle grete nauie. c 1385 Chaucer L.G.W. 960 Dido, In libie onethe
aryuede he With schepis vij & with no more nauye. c 1450 St. Cuthbert
(Surtees) 4789 In his tyme come ouer þe se A paynyme kyng with grete
naue. 1473 J. Warkworth Chron. (Camden) 17 Quene Marget‥hade nauy to
brynge them to Englonde.

*b.1.b by navy, by ship. (Cf. OF. par navie.) Obs.

c 1400 Mandeville (1839) xxvii. 273 No man may passe that See by
Navye, ne be no maner of craft. 1412–20 Lydg. Chron. Troy Prol., How
they come by lande or by nauy,‥Of this Cornelie maketh no menciowne.

2. a.2.a A fleet; a number of ships collected together, esp. for
purposes of war. Now poet. and rhet.

c 1330 R. Brunne Chron. Wace (Rolls) 2152 A gret nauye he dide hym
dight. 1382 Wyclif 1 Kings x. 11 The nauee of Yram, the which bare
gold of Oofer. c 1450 Merlin 378 Gawein made‥take shippes and
assembled a grete navie. 1483 in Ellis Orig. Lett. Ser. ii. I. 158
The king shuld have a Navie upon the see, to shewe himself as a king.
a 1533 Ld. Berners Gold. Bk. M. Aurel. (1546) K v, A great nauy of
warre, to the numbre of c. and .xxx. ships. a 1586 Sidney Arcadia ii.
(1613) 123 The trayterous Sea began to swell in pride against the
afflicted Navie. 1627 Capt. Smith Seaman's Gram. xiii. 63 Betweene
two Navies they vse often‥to fill old Barkes with pitch, tar [etc.].
1659 in England's Conf. 8 No person shall have‥any Command‥in any of
the Armies or Navyes of England. 1725 Pope Odyss. viii. 550 From the
shores the winged navy flies. 1777 Burke Let. to Rockingham Wks. IX.
167 We set our faces against great armies‥and navies, who have tasted of
civil spoil. 1817 Shelley Rev. Islam x. iv, The sea shook with their
Navies' sound. 1858 Mrs. Oliphant Laird of Norlaw I. 279 The masts
were in forests, the ships in navies...

And much much much more...

That would be a full time job trying to educate the motley crew of repugnants that infest this newsgroup.

Wow Piers! Tim General 80 January 12th 17 08:18 PM
Who doesn't like Piers Morgan? John H[_15_] General 0 September 25th 14 02:50 PM
Piers Morgan interview True North[_2_] General 2 January 26th 13 12:21 AM
Detect logs, finger piers, people in the water Gilligan ASA 0 September 3rd 06 05:46 PM
Hampton VA upgrades public piers on Chesapeake Bay [email protected] General 3 April 6th 05 09:22 PM