hystat

Default volvo penta AQ180 /200

I just picked up an old engine and drive. On the left cyl head the tag
says it's an AQ 180 / 200.
I'm guessing it's 1960's as it has a generator on it, not an
alternator. It is a V8 gas engine with an alum Volvo Penta intake with
two 2BBL carbs and chrome valve covers. Can anyone tell me more about
this engine? I really bought the unit for the drive and steel adapter
plate, but the engine is not seized... might be worth looking through
it. The exh manifolds and stuff look great. no frost plugs popped...
no water in oil- it's very old oil though-
Somewhere I read the AQ200 used a chev 307. maybe..- doesn't look like
a small block chevy to me though; not the 1970's type I have seen
anyways...
Kinda looks like a 270 drive, but I'll have to look at it more
closely.