Default Chicago gun violence

"August was the deadliest month since October of 1996, according to the Chicago Police Department,
highlighted by the shooting death of Nykea Aldridge, a cousin of NBA star Dwayne Wade.

The suspects in Aldridge's murder, Derren and Darwin Sorrells, had multiple convictions on their
records but had only served a fraction of their prison sentences. CPD Superintendent Eddie Johnson
says that with tougher gun sentencing laws in Illinois, they would have still been in prison for
their previous crimes. He is pushing legislators to enact tougher sentences for repeat gun
offenders."

With respect to the men who shot Dwayne Wade's cousin, "These two guys are perfect examples of what
I've been talking about. Both of 'em on parole for gun offenses," said Chicago Police Superintendent
Eddie Johnson.

Well, Eddie Johnson must be a racist. Oh wait, he's black.

Note that the Supe isn't asking for more gun control laws, such as Hillary and most liberals, but
'tougher gun sentencing' laws in Illinois. He states:

“People ask me, ‘How come Chicago’s murder rate can’t be like New York and LA?’ And I tell you, give
me gun laws like New York and LA, and you’ll see homicide reduction,” Johnson said. “In New York,
first time you get caught with a weapon, three and a half years mandatory sentencing.

“In LA, they have a law called Use a Gun and You’re Done. So, whatever you get charged with, you get
an additional 10 years tacked on to it. That sends a clear message that we won’t tolerate gun
crime.”

In other words, enforce the laws that exist.

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2016/...ecord-violence
http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-conf...s-say/1489069/

I suppose anyone discussing gun violence in Chicago is a racist. Wonder why that is?

Poquito Loco Wrote in message:

[...]

It's obvious that these guys need more counciling. :-)

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/