Matt

Default Milky Oi ? ?

I have a 5.7 V 8 I/O. I started to winterize my boat and notice when I was
pumping the oil out that it was extremely "milky" looking. Gray in color.
Anyone have any suggestions on what the cuase of this could be? Water got
in somewhere??

THanks!

Matt

Sorry.. Engine Oil... I called a local marina and they said it could be
warped head or cracked block but it's tuff to isolate the problem. which
translates to $$$$$ in labor. Any advice is appreciated.

Matt wrote:
I have a 5.7 V 8 I/O. I started to winterize my boat and notice when I

was
pumping the oil out that it was extremely "milky" looking. Gray in

color.
Anyone have any suggestions on what the cuase of this could be? Water

got
in somewhere??

THanks!

Tuuk

I would first look for a savvy auto mechanic, maybe someone who also has
boats and familiar. If you go to a marina, $$$$$$ and in my opinion the work
not be first class. I am in Southern Ontario and I would not suggest any of
the local marina or boat shops around. I only know about 80% of them and
that 80% I wouldn't bring my old lawn mower to them. They will milk you
further and their work is mostly done by non licensed mechanics anyway.
Call some auto repair people around. Check that avenue. If the marina does
it, they will simply be putting auto parts back on anyway and charging you
original OMC or Merc parts from their list.