Default Bad day story

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:30:22 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 2:24:07 PM UTC-5, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:35:53 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

I wish the keys with was better on my '83 gold wing aspencade. It's contacts are worn to where you have to hit it just right to connect ignition. Then it stays. A bad thing is that the tail lights run through the switch too. And you have to hit it just right to have ign AND tail lights.

A replacement switch assembly is $189.00 and its in its own world. Plus you about have to take off the factory fairing to change it!
And, It's made for the digital dash models. I don't mind its quirks but the Mrs won't ride it. Yeah I gotta get it fixed.

I once lost a top to a Calafia saddle bag. My brother in Seattle took me to this place. Sure enough,
they had one. Give them a call.

Bent Bike Motorcycle - 18327 HWY 99 Lynnwood, WA 98037 (800) 328-8810

http://www.bentbikemotorcycles.com/xcart/

There's got to be a used ignition switch for that damn thing somewhere. I sent an email to a Honda
Goldwing lover buddy of mine. I assume you saw this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-swi...74H 9&vxp=mtr

I'd call him and see if he'd take something off. Hell, the ad says he's got ten of them!

Oh I can find plenty of 'used' ones. Mine is used too, and its bad with only 25,000 miles on it so, whats the other guys switch going to be like? The tumbler is fine. it's the actually switch part thats worn out.

While riding mine, before plugging the wires back into the switch properly, I thought about just
doing away with the switch for a toggle switch mounted on the handlebar somewhere. Shouldn't be too
hard to do. And if the tail lights run through it, toggle them too.

I know a guy out in southern IL who should be able to handle that pretty easily!
Tim Tim is offline

Sep 27Poquito Loco
I once lost a top to a Calafia saddle bag. My brother in Seattle took me to this place. Sure enough,
they had one. Give them a call.

Bent Bike Motorcycle - 18327 HWY 99 Lynnwood, WA 98037 (800) 328-8810

http://www.bentbikemotorcycles.com/xcart/

There's got to be a used ignition switch for that damn thing somewhere. I sent an email to a Honda
Goldwing lover buddy of mine. I assume you saw this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-swi...74H 9&vxp=mtr

I'd call him and see if he'd take something off. Hell, the ad says he's got ten of them!

John I've not seen that eBay ad but I do know that a large gold wing dealer was starting to have them reproduced because Honda OE was SOL.
On a Honda forum they were 189.00

I have an identical parts bike but the switch is different because it has the round analog gauges where my aspencade is digital. So different switch with different functions.

I'll probably buy a new switch because I don't really trust another used one and I don't like the idea of being stuck with n a parking lot maybe a hundred miles from home...

Then again, maybe I ought to "fence row" the thing... Lol!

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:18:01 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Sep 27Poquito Loco
[...]

No, no, no. There's enough old tractors filling up the fence rows out there. With so few miles and
everything else in good shape, I'd refinance the house and buy the new switch. You'll still have
very little money tied up in a bike that you like pretty well.
Tim Tim is offline

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 4:44:13 PM UTC-5, Poquito Loco wrote:
[...]

This is very true. Ill probably do it unless theres a way to rebuild the switch workings. I've heard of that being done. OR. The switch itself can be replaced from the tumbler assembly. I've heard of that as well. Regardless I need to do something. Probably happen this winter when it's time to service it for the winter

Sad story Justan Olphart[_2_] General 10 September 3rd 15 10:10 PM
An old, sad story hk General 1 April 8th 10 11:42 PM
What a story! Joe ASA 0 January 14th 05 08:05 PM
( OT ) The story might have been different Jim General 0 April 5th 04 04:22 PM