Default The Tesla...interesting

When I walked out of the airport in Amsterdam, I was astonished at the number of Teslas waiting to
pick up passengers. The Tesla has gone over big as taxis in A-dam. Besides the half dozen or so at
the airport, I saw another 8-10 on the highways during the nine days I was there. In the past couple
years, I've seen only one on the roads around here.

Of course, Holland is not a huge country.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 17:59:23 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

When I walked out of the airport in Amsterdam, I was astonished at the number of Teslas waiting to
pick up passengers. The Tesla has gone over big as taxis in A-dam. Besides the half dozen or so at
the airport, I saw another 8-10 on the highways during the nine days I was there. In the past couple
years, I've seen only one on the roads around here.

Of course, Holland is not a huge country.

I looked and there are a few charging stations near me (~20 miles) but
they are all in high end hotels so I assume you have to be staying
there to use them

wrote:

When I walked out of the airport in Amsterdam, I was astonished at the
number of Teslas waiting to
pick up passengers. The Tesla has gone over big as taxis in A-dam.
Besides the half dozen or so at
the airport, I saw another 8-10 on the highways during the nine days I
was there. In the past couple
years, I've seen only one on the roads around here.

Of course, Holland is not a huge country.

I looked and there are a few charging stations near me (~20 miles) but
they are all in high end hotels so I assume you have to be staying
there to use them

They are very common where I live. High income Silicon Valley people. I
figure Harry would like them. Subsidizing rich people's drive.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 13:02:31 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:56:40 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:09:10 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

wrote:

When I walked out of the airport in Amsterdam, I was astonished at the number of Teslas waiting to
pick up passengers. The Tesla has gone over big as taxis in A-dam. Besides the half dozen or so at
the airport, I saw another 8-10 on the highways during the nine days I was there. In the past couple
years, I've seen only one on the roads around here.

Of course, Holland is not a huge country.

I looked and there are a few charging stations near me (~20 miles) but
they are all in high end hotels so I assume you have to be staying
there to use them

Ah, with your skills you could install a 50amp outlet in your garage and charge it in no time. The
Cypress Bend RV resort would probably let you hook up to the 50amp outlet for $5.

Getting 50a in the garage is trivial. that is where the main panel is.
The "charging" I am worried about is the hundred grand Musk charges
for the car.
The issue with stations is what to do when you are not home although I
am not that far away very often in a car.

Campgrounds?

I think you need more than a handy 14-50r
Perhaps you could carry a charger in the trunk and put an RV plug on
it but you better have a few adapters.

wrote:

[...]

Tesla sells a bunch of adapters.

wrote:

[...]

I just looked and Tesla does have an onboard charger and it will work
on a 14-50 or a 1-15/5-20 if you have the right adapters with you.
The optional "Dual Charger" doubles the power it can take.

wrote:

[...]

===

You could get one of those "rear shelf" kits that mounts on a trailer
hitch receiver and install a couple of Honda generators on it.
Together with your power adapters you could make a *******ized hybrid
out of it. :-)

Interesting... F.O.A.D. General 71 October 23rd 13 05:04 PM
interesting... JustWaitAFrekinMinute General 3 July 11th 13 09:00 PM
This BBS very interesting SleptSeex General 0 April 28th 11 03:40 PM
A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
Prijon Kodiak & SeaYak AND Necky Tesla NM Not Tellin' Touring 1 October 25th 05 04:53 PM