Default The Haircut

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:10:44 PM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/29/16 8:03 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 7:54:34 PM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/29/16 7:36 PM, Alex wrote:
Justan Olphart wrote:

The Haircut

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut.
After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the
barber replied, 'I
cannot accept money from you; I'm doing
community service this week.
The florist was pleased and left the shop.
When the barber went to open his shop the next
morning, there was a
'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for
him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he
tries to pay his
bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept
money from you; I'm
doing community service this week.' The cop was
happy and left the
shop.
The next morning when the barber went to open
up, there were a 'thank
you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at
his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and
when he went to pay his
bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept
money from you; I'm
doing community service this week.' The
Congressman was very happy and
left the shop.
The next morning, when the barber went to open
up, there were a dozen
Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the
fundamental difference between
the citizens of our country and the politicians
who run it.

As Ronald Reagan said: "BOTH POLITICIANS AND
DIAPERS NEED TO BE
CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!"

Nice.

Would those be the same congressmen who voted to pay Herring a generous
pension for his years filling a military sinecure with no measurable
work output?

Military workers are far more scrutinized than union "workers".

In Herring's case, I'm sure scrutiny was key. But what has that to do
with his working a sinecure with no measurable work output?

What does John's honorable service in the military have to do with congress-critters lining up for a free haircut?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:44:12 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

with his working a sinecure with no measurable work output?

What does John's honorable service in the military have to do with congress-critters lining up for a free haircut?

Harry never misses an opportunity to **** on the people who were
willing to serve their country while he was hiding in Kansas, chasing
coeds.

wrote:

with his working a sinecure with no measurable work output?

What does John's honorable service in the military have to do with congress-critters lining up for a free haircut?

Harry never misses an opportunity to **** on the people who were
willing to serve their country while he was hiding in Kansas, chasing
coeds.

I'm not a fan of the military establishment, but I have no problems with
decent men and women who served their country in the military. In my
opinion, Herring and a couple of other "veterans" here are not decent
people. I don't have any problem with you or Richard, for example, even
though we disagree on many subjects, and I have a number of close
friends who were in the service and who are decent people.

I've stated my objections to the "military establishment" many times. In
your own way, so have you.

Oh, and I wasn't "hiding" in Kansas. I kept my draft board aware of my
whereabouts and, like the overwhelming majority of young men at the
time, I simply never got the notice to appear for a pre-induction
physical or anything else from those folks.

I admit "chased" a lot of coeds, and I even caught my share, in
Lawrence, Manhattan, and Topeka, Kansas, and in Columbia, Joplin, and
Kansas City, Missouri, and a few other places. It was dangerous work,
but many of us felt we had to do it.

wrote:

with his working a sinecure with no measurable work output?

What does John's honorable service in the military have to do with congress-critters lining up for a free haircut?

Harry never misses an opportunity to **** on the people who were
willing to serve their country while he was hiding in Kansas, chasing
coeds.

Of course. I just find it amusing that he's so intent on nipping at John's heels that he forgets he's the one that dug the rat hole in the first place.

wrote:

with his working a sinecure with no measurable work output?

What does John's honorable service in the military have to do with congress-critters lining up for a free haircut?

Harry never misses an opportunity to **** on the people who were
willing to serve their country while he was hiding in Kansas, chasing
coeds.

Of course. I just find it amusing that he's so intent on nipping at John's heels that he forgets he's the one that dug the rat hole in the first place.

===

JFK and LBJ both had superb leadership qualities. Unfortunately they
led us in the wrong direction.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:18:19 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I admit "chased" a lot of coeds, and I even caught my share, in
Lawrence, Manhattan, and Topeka, Kansas, and in Columbia, Joplin, and
Kansas City, Missouri, and a few other places.

===

All that during your first marriage no doubt.

wrote:

[...]

There's probably a guy in Nova Scotia who believes that.

wrote:

[...]

Yup, our military service should be denigrated 'cause we've caught you in so many lies that you
don't like us.