Default Dear EpiPen Customers . . .

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 11:48:53 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 10:30:10 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

===

Is thalidomide what stunted your personal development?

LOL!

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 8/27/16 9:52 PM, Tim wrote:
Actually I hope this inspires competition.

Ahhh...that old American dream...the "free market" and "competition."

One of my neighbors is diabetic and earlier this week when the Epipen
scandal broke, he mentioned that two insulin products he has used,
Novolog something or other and Humalog something or other, from two
competing manufacturers, had "list prices" of around $1100 for a one
month supply. He pays less because of his insurance, but he still pays a
lot. No competition in price. It's the American way for many products.
Competition is not the answer.

I doubt the Epipens cost more than $2 or $3 to manufacture, including
the drug and the injector. I read a report that in Canada, a Canadian in
need of an Epipen pays about $12.

Rumor has it that the predecessor to the new improved pen is off
patent protection, .and at least one fella has figgered out how
to reuse the device. The drug itself is dirt cheap. Won't be long
before Epipens become the new Lipitor. Might be interesting to
find out profit margins figureing in development and other costs
to market the Epipen. Or you could go with your gut feelings
about how much profit YOU summise a company should make. How much
profit does your product produce? I'd bet around 99.5 percent.
How worthwhile is it? Talk about the king of ripoffs. You da
man.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

===

Is thalidomide what stunted your personal development?

What a singular honor to be insulted in junior high school fashion by so
distinguished a slimeball bankster who likely was the first Zika virus
baby.

On 8/28/16 12:54 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/28/16 10:29 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:21:40 -0400 (EDT), Keyser Soze
wrote:

Tim Wrote in message:
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 7:33:15 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/27/16 9:52 PM, Tim wrote:
Actually I hope this inspires competition.

Ahhh...that old American dream...the "free market" and "competition."

Exactly. the more the "competition" the better the pricing. Yes "free
market" is part of the "American dream"

Ahhh. Sorta like that GOP b.s. about trickle down economics...

Only a democrat would believe a government imposed monopoly is the way
to go. I bet you think Comcast is good too.

There's no monopoly in the insulin drugs I previously mentioned, yet
both competitors charge the same outrageous price for their
products...and there have been numerous news articles discussing
collusion in the pharma industry to avoid "competitiveness." In many
market segments, even though there are competitors, there is no
competition.

How come a mostly Democrat controlled presidency has not fixed that in the
last 2 years? Maybe because they are controlled by Wall Street?

The Repugnant-controlled Congress won't allow the proper legislation to
get anyway. Bernie Sanders has introduced a bill to remedy and reign in
the Big Pharma Banksters, but it isn't going to go anywhere until
Hillary takes over the White House.

wrote:

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

===

Is thalidomide what stunted your personal development?

What a singular honor to be insulted in junior high school fashion by so
distinguished a slimeball bankster who likely was the first Zika virus
baby.

This from one who's never hurled an insult to anyone in rec.boats, let alone the other groups he's
been kicked out of.

wrote:

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

===

Is thalidomide what stunted your personal development?

What a singular honor to be insulted in junior high school fashion by so
distinguished a slimeball bankster who likely was the first Zika virus
baby.

This from one who's never hurled an insult to anyone in rec.boats, let alone the other groups he's
been kicked out of.

===

Wasn't there a group that called him an asshat and then tossed him
out?

wrote:

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

===

Is thalidomide what stunted your personal development?

What a singular honor to be insulted in junior high school fashion by so
distinguished a slimeball bankster who likely was the first Zika virus
baby.

This from one who's never hurled an insult to anyone in rec.boats, let alone the other groups he's
been kicked out of.

===

Wasn't there a group that called him an asshat and then tossed him
out?

I believe so. But he's said they unfairly tossed him out. So, the folks in the group must have been
all bad.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 10:30:10 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Yeah those price gouging democrats.
This is not the "free market" it is a government imposed monopoly.
There are competitors out there but they are hung up in the FDA
process, something the Canadians are not burdened with in Canada where
there are other products on the market.

So, the libertarian approach is...thalidomide?

A non responsive answer and not even relevant.
We are talking about the same drug and only arguing about the delivery
syringe. It has more to do with patents and the power of Joe Manchin
than patient safety.