Default Easy Rider

OK it was on last night and I recorded it. I watched it today and I
still say this is a music video with very little real content.
If you take Nicholson out of the movie, it is really bad with no
significant dialog at all. It looks like it was shot with a cheap cell
phone by a couple of teenagers.
I suppose the reality is it was just made by 2 guys who were stoned
the whole time. It is well reported that the "drug scenes" were shot
with real drugs and those are pretty much all of the scenes.
If you want to spark up a fattie and listen to the soundtrack, go for
but do not expect and deep plot, character development or inspiring
camera work.
You are as well off just turning off the lights and listening to the
soundtrack CD.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:56:47 PM UTC-4, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:59:10 -0400, wrote:

If you want to spark up a fattie and listen to the soundtrack, go for
but do not expect and deep plot, character development or inspiring
camera work.

===

USCG would take a dim view of one of their licensed captains doing
that. :-)

"spark up a fattie". Heh. Haven't heard that in a long time.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 13:56:15 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:59:10 -0400, wrote:

If you want to spark up a fattie and listen to the soundtrack, go for
but do not expect and deep plot, character development or inspiring
camera work.

===

USCG would take a dim view of one of their licensed captains doing
that. :-)

I didn't know we had a licensed captain here.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:45:21 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:56:47 PM UTC-4, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:59:10 -0400, wrote:

If you want to spark up a fattie and listen to the soundtrack, go for
but do not expect and deep plot, character development or inspiring
camera work.

===

USCG would take a dim view of one of their licensed captains doing
that. :-)

"spark up a fattie". Heh. Haven't heard that in a long time.

I am old, as is my experience with such things.

Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 12:00:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
OK it was on last night and I recorded it. I watched it today and I
still say this is a music video with very little real content.
If you take Nicholson out of the movie, it is really bad with no
significant dialog at all. It looks like it was shot with a cheap cell
phone by a couple of teenagers.
I suppose the reality is it was just made by 2 guys who were stoned
the whole time. It is well reported that the "drug scenes" were shot
with real drugs and those are pretty much all of the scenes.
If you want to spark up a fattie and listen to the soundtrack, go for
but do not expect and deep plot, character development or inspiring
camera work.
You are as well off just turning off the lights and listening to the
soundtrack CD.

the 'drug scenes" Like the commune and the old cemetery? Yeah, not much of a movie, but the sound track was good. Like the Movie "Candy" Especially if you liked Steppenwolf...

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:17:07 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

Steppenwolf really only had the opening credits song (after the
"Pusher" sequence) but it is what most people remember. It is
interesting that they are almost 15 minutes into the movie before the
first line of dialog 99% of the viewers understood. There is some
spanish in the Mexican drug deal but still nothing of importance to
the plot.
The song that most defines the first half of the movie is "Wasn't
born to follow" in fact they play it in it's entirety twice in
separate "riding" scenes.
That is an interesting departure for Carole King (co writer) because
she is best known for that bubble gum Brylle building crap that radio
stations played before Barry Gordy and Motown hit the scene. Then she
wrote sappy songs for James Taylor. I am curious what it was before
the Byrds put their spin it. I imagine there were long piano riffs and
some "lama lama dow dow" in the bridge.

I do think they could have ended the movie right after Nicholson died
and not really lost much. The acid sequence in the cemetery was just
tedious and the pile driver must have been there to remind us the
girls were hookers without getting an X rating.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Greg i was talking about steppenwolf in the movie "Candy"

wrote:

[...]

OK. I am not sure I ever saw Candy. I dated a girl named Candy once
tho. Does that count ;-)
She would "get your motor running".