Default My baby

Our daughter is turning her BA into BS by adding science credits and
she is holding a solid 4.0.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:45:46 -0400, wrote:

Our daughter is turning her BA into BS by adding science credits and
she is holding a solid 4.0.

Fantastic.

On 8/11/2016 9:45 PM, wrote:
Our daughter is turning her BA into BS by adding science credits and
she is holding a solid 4.0.

Congratulations to your daughter and you, it's nice to be able to be proud.

Let me tell you about MY baby!

Graduated from UF with degrees in Plant biology and a minor in agri
business. Got a job within a week of graduating. Was managing two work
teams, had a company vehicle, cellphone, big bonuses, sales commission
and raises.
Then after about 3 years the company was merged with another,
her manager got pushed out, then her next manager got pushed out. The
pay structure changed, the bonuses were considerably reduced along with
commission rate. She noted in the Christmas picture half the people from
last year were gone.
She decided to go back to college and became an orthodontist.
She's been back in school getting a few classes she needs to qualify
for dental school. Three weeks ago a I got a letter telling me she was
on the deans list.

Oh, also she got married, bought a house, got divorced, sold a house.
Before and during school she worked in a pharmacy, a flower shop, and a
gym. She recently complained when it took her two days to find a job,
she'd say, no I don't want to apply online, just let me talk to the manager.
She's 24 and has a whole lot of life experience in that short time.
She is also about the most confident person that I know, she knows she
can get anything done the she sets her mind to.
Nothing scares her. That scared me when she was 16 to 21 yrs old,
now I'm confident she has her stuff together.
Golly, that was fun!

*A couple of people that left the old company, started a new company,
they now have over 20 of the employees from the old company and a lot of
their clients.
She keeps in touch with the old group, she says it was a real family and
everyone got along and did their jobs.

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:52:34 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/11/2016 9:45 PM, wrote:
[...]

I doubt Angie will ever be that ambitious. She is still raising 3 kids
but she wants to keep her options open when they get older. Ranger
Dave comes from a family of over achievers (PHDs, Nobel Prize winners
etc) and she wanted more than a nondescript BA. She is taking classes
that interest her tho, anatomy, astronomy and some kind of advanced
library science, whatever that is. I asked her if she just opened the
catalog at the "A"s and started taking them. I am not sure we can
afford her making her way all the way to Zoology.

wrote:
[...]

Ya, she gets all her ambition from her mama. On the other hand, mama
told her if she went back to school she would pay for it. So when things
went South in the company, she jumped on it. I'm glad my daughter
gets to reboot, but having my wife retire with me would be nice also.
I'm retiring at the end of the year, my wife will continue working.
It's about $200,000 to go through dental school. Ouch!
Mikek

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:24:24 -0500, amdx wrote:

Ya, she gets all her ambition from her mama. On the other hand, mama
told her if she went back to school she would pay for it. So when things
went South in the company, she jumped on it. I'm glad my daughter
gets to reboot, but having my wife retire with me would be nice also.
I'm retiring at the end of the year, my wife will continue working.
It's about $200,000 to go through dental school. Ouch!

My wife just works to buy things for the kids and go on great
vacations. I pay the bills at home and pay for transportation when we
go. It works out well.
Mikek

On 8/12/2016 9:05 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:24:24 -0500, amdx wrote:

Ya, she gets all her ambition from her mama. On the other hand, mama
told her if she went back to school she would pay for it. So when things
went South in the company, she jumped on it. I'm glad my daughter
gets to reboot, but having my wife retire with me would be nice also.
I'm retiring at the end of the year, my wife will continue working.
It's about $200,000 to go through dental school. Ouch!

My wife just works to buy things for the kids and go on great
vacations. I pay the bills at home and pay for transportation when we
go. It works out well.

We never had his, hers, and ours. it was always just ours.
I married a frugal women and within 3 months I was fully on board.
Our first year we earned $18k and saved $6k, including the $620 of
wedding present money. It only got better from there.
We have lived a frugal lifestyle, but we both have all we want.
Our savings went into the stock market and Real estate in the early
years. Twenty three years ago we sold all the real estate and moved to
Florida. Kept investing in Vanguard index funds. 2010 through 2105 have
been fantastic.
My wife could retire, but she's five years younger than me and still
has a lot of drive, wouldn't know what to do with herself.
As it is she works at least 55 hrs at the business, takes care of the
garden, lawn, house and cooks almost all of our meals. She runs 3 miles
at 5am and then works out to a tape before work. What a woman. :-)
I've been a reader of MrMoneyMustache for a year which is all about
becoming Financially Independent and Retiring Early. (FIRE)
Includes living a non consumerism lifestyle.
I was a follower before I knew it existed.

The original Blog site that started the movement.
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/all-t...nning-of-time/

And the Forum for the followers ideas and views.
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/

Enjoy.

Mikek

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:45:01 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/12/2016 9:05 PM, wrote:

My wife just works to buy things for the kids and go on great
vacations. I pay the bills at home and pay for transportation when we
go. It works out well.

We never had his, hers, and ours. it was always just ours. I married a frugal women and within 3 months I was fully on board.

My first wife and I were all in together and we accumulated a lot of
money but that was all we really had together. Other than that we were
just friends and business partners. We are still friends but I needed
more. She was OK with me having 2 or 3 girl friends but I wanted a
wife.
She also would not move and that kept me from pursuing a number of
business opportunities, not the least of which was the Tarpon Turtle
(bar restaurant, marina with 6 trailer slots zoned) that had a few
hundred feet of lake front and frontage on US19. It could have been a
gold mine and I couldn't do it because the money was "ours". Way less
than half would have done it. I also passed up a few attractive IBM
offers. After a while, I had to go. I moved to Florida with my tools
and a big bag of money. I got the Florida condo and she got the Md
house that she refused to leave. I could pay cash for my Estero house.
Judy came from an abusive relationship and she wanted her money from
then on so we are pretty much separate. We both sign on each other's
accounts but we do not do it. It actually works out great because when
either of us buy something dumb, the other can just shake our head.
It also makes giving each other treats more significant

baby baby Electronics 0 August 22nd 08 03:51 PM
RB is a Baby Bobspirt ASA 12 July 3rd 04 11:36 PM