Default What could he know?

Dear Offended Christian, From a Very Tired Christian
By John Pavlovitz

Dear Offended Christian,

I’m terribly sorry that your feelings are hurt again. I feel badly about
that. None of us likes to be criticized, so I totally get it.

I know I’ve said some pretty hard words to you recently, and maybe I’ve
been somewhat less than “cheery” in my delivery, but that happens when
you’re tired.

And I am really tired:

I’m tired of hearing you telling gay people that they can’t
simultaneously be both gay and Christian.

I’m tired of having to explain what “Transgender” means to adult
Christian people, who I’m quite sure have Internet access and should
know better by now that it ain’t “a guy in a dress”.

I’m tired of arrogant pulpit bullies who believe they’re entitled to
tell people where they can pee and who they can marry and whether they
really love Jesus or not.

I’m tired of you regularly dispensing damnation on the queer community,
and then offering empty “thoughts and prayers” in the face of tragedy
before resuming your normal schedule.

I’m tired of you being more outraged by red coffee cups and department
store restrooms than by poverty and racism and gun violence and our
crumbling school system.

I’m tired of gay people being accused of the kind of predatory behavior
that straight men have been exhibiting, since the man cave was—an actual
cave.

I’m tired of reminding you that the number of times Jesus spoke about
gender identity and sexual orientation in the Gospels—is zero.

I’m tired of having to explain to people that although I am a Christian,
that I’m not that type of Christian; the kind that is generous with
damnation and stingy with Grace.

I’m tired of LGBTQ teens cutting their forearms and jumping off
buildings because they’re told by their church friends that God hates
them, because their Christian parents told them, because their Christian
pastors told them.

I’m tired of followers of Jesus who don’t seem interested in cracking
open a book to see what we’ve learned about the brain and the body in
2,000 years, or to realize that gender identity and sexual orientation
don’t equal the word “homosexuality” in the Bible.

I’m tired of all the time I have to spend undoing the damage the Church
has done to queer kids and their families.

I’m tired of religious folk who seem to want small government everywhere
except the bedroom and bathroom.

I’m tired of Scientific ignorance being treated as if it’s a Christian
virtue.

I’m tired of hearing you preach verbatim the gospel of Fox News.

I’m tired of high-profile pastors blaming gay people for 9/11 and
Hurricane Katrina and ISIS and child obesity.

I’m tired of waiting for you to show up in this world and actually show
the freakin’ love of Jesus to people the way he did and told you to,
without excuses or caveats or theological tap dancing to avoid it.

I’m tired of this wasteful, fruitless, mean-spirited, unprovoked,
unbiblical attack on the LGBTQ community, that is squandering so much
time and life and beauty in the name of a God who is supposedly Love.

I’m tired of so many people believing that “Christian” and “bigot” are
synonymous—and not disagreeing with them.

I’m tired of a Church which seems to be so ambivalent toward the
teachings and example of Jesus.

I’m tired of a Christianity that is making me more and more embarrassed
to be associated with it.

So I get that your feelings are hurt. I understand that you’re offended,
and that’s not my intention.

But listen, if you’re going to tell a group of people that they’re going
to Hell simply for existing, and you’re going to continually target
those people through the Church and the Law and your social media
accounts, don’t get angry with me when I tell you you’re being hateful
and judgmental and ignorant.

It could be worse.

At least I’m not damning you for all eternity.

Sincerely,

A Very Tired Christian
Tim Tim is offline

lol! I knew something like this was coming. Knew it'd be soon but didn't really know when.

You really are predictable Harry...
Tim Tim is offline

Hey Harry, at least you could have put a link where you probably swiped this. "The KOS?"

I'm not surprised. Lol!

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/3...is-sensational

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 3:04:45 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
Hey Harry, at least you could have put a link where you probably swiped this. "The KOS?"

I'm not surprised. Lol!

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/3...is-sensational

It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.
Tim Tim is offline

2:11 PMIts Me
It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.
-----

Too good of writing to be Andy borowitz. But it might be Garrison under a pen name. The way things go anymore, Who ever got it might have s Nobel in literature ?
Eh, who knows- who cares...

On 6/30/16 3:04 PM, Tim wrote:
Hey Harry, at least you could have put a link where you probably swiped this. "The KOS?"

I'm not surprised. Lol!

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/3...is-sensational

What's your point? The point of the author of the article is crystal clear.

On 6/30/16 3:10 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 3:04:45 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
Hey Harry, at least you could have put a link where you probably swiped this. "The KOS?"

I'm not surprised. Lol!

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/3...is-sensational

It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.

Oh, right, because after all, you're *the* follower of Jesus (I can tell
by your snotty behavior here).

On 6/30/16 3:47 PM, Tim wrote:

2:11 PMIts Me
It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.
-----

Too good of writing to be Andy borowitz. But it might be Garrison under a pen name. The way things go anymore, Who ever got it might have s Nobel in literature ?
Eh, who knows- who cares...

Ah, evangelicals...their minds are...closed. Tightly.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 6/30/16 3:47 PM, Tim wrote:

2:11 PMIts Me
It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.
-----

Too good of writing to be Andy borowitz. But it might be Garrison under
a pen name. The way things go anymore, Who ever got it might have s Nobel in literature ?
Eh, who knows- who cares...

Ah, evangelicals...their minds are...closed. Tightly.

So you now claim to be evangelical, Harry?

Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 3:06:25 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 6/30/16 3:47 PM, Tim wrote:

2:11 PMIts Me
It's just more liberal "satire" written by a non-Christian.
-----

Too good of writing to be Andy borowitz. But it might be Garrison under a pen name. The way things go anymore, Who ever got it might have s Nobel in literature ?
Eh, who knows- who cares...

Ah, evangelicals...their minds are...closed. Tightly.

yes, closed to mindless drivel, But not totally. After all, I DID make a comment on your frivolous KOS cut n paste.