BoatBanter.com

-   -   For the country boys.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/170272-country-boys.html)

True North[_2_] February 16th 16 01:50 AM

For the country boys....

Remember general stores before Wal-mart and malls

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2683598572

[email protected] February 16th 16 03:58 AM

For the country boys....

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:50:24 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Remember general stores before Wal-mart and malls

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2683598572

They are disguised as feed stores out in the country. We have been in
a few in the Dakotas and in Idaho.
They have everything from stock tanks to slim jims

John H.[_5_] February 16th 16 01:05 PM

For the country boys....

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:50:24 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Remember general stores before Wal-mart and malls

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2683598572

I get a voice saying 'This content is currently unavailable' with "Geographic
Restriction" in the upper left corner. The initial shot of mom and son, I guess,
standing behind the counter is there.

Reminds me of an Ace Hardware outside Winston Salem, NC, that's still in business.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

True North[_2_] February 16th 16 01:27 PM

For the country boys....

I get the geographically not available message fairly regularly on sites recommended in here.

John H.[_5_] February 16th 16 01:43 PM

For the country boys....

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 05:27:30 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

I get the geographically not available message fairly regularly on sites recommended in here.

Canadian government probably thinks we're trying to entice you folks into bad
behavior...and vice versa, of course.

That's the first time I've ever seen it.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

[email protected] February 23rd 16 04:12 AM

For the country boys....

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 8:50:26 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:
Remember general stores before Wal-mart and malls

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2683598572

Ya, in Ontario, they're called " TSC Stores ", dumbass.

Justan Olphart[_2_] February 23rd 16 02:00 PM

For the country boys....

On 2/22/2016 11:12 PM, wrote:
On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 8:50:26 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:
Remember general stores before Wal-mart and malls

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2683598572

Ya, in Ontario, they're called " TSC Stores ", dumbass.

Apparently the US is censoring Canadian video.

True North[_2_] February 23rd 16 02:19 PM

For the country boys....

FlautentJim farts...

"Apparently the US is censoring Canadian video."

They're afraid of wholesale evacuation if 'mericans see our beautiful country and lifestyle.

Justan Olphart[_2_] February 23rd 16 02:31 PM

For the country boys....

On 2/23/2016 9:19 AM, True North wrote:
FlautentJim farts...

"Apparently the US is censoring Canadian video."

They're afraid of wholesale evacuation if 'mericans see our beautiful country and lifestyle.

Not to worry. The exchange rate doesn't make sense for that to happen.

Its Me February 23rd 16 05:16 PM

For the country boys....

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:19:29 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
FlautentJim farts...

"Apparently the US is censoring Canadian video."

They're afraid of wholesale evacuation if 'mericans see our beautiful country and lifestyle.

Been there. Done that. Keep it.