Default Blizzard?

Looking like Wash DC is the bull's eye for 2 or more feet of snow this
weekend. This will be interesting to watch as it pans out.

We will hopefully miss the heavy stuff up here, being on the northern
edge. After last winter even 8 to 12 inches is duck soup.

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:30:50 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Looking like Wash DC is the bull's eye for 2 or more feet of snow this
weekend. This will be interesting to watch as it pans out.

We will hopefully miss the heavy stuff up here, being on the northern
edge. After last winter even 8 to 12 inches is duck soup.

Hopefully it won't start until after golf tomorrow. My wife is in Florida with
reservations to return here Saturday afternoon. She may get a couple extra days in
Palm Beach.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

wrote:

Looking like Wash DC is the bull's eye for 2 or more feet of snow this
weekend. This will be interesting to watch as it pans out.

The answer is simple. Our government will shut down for a week.
I suppose they will find a way to blame it on the GOP ;-)

Mr. Luddite
"The average yearly snowfall in Wash DC is about 14 inches total.
This storm may bring two feet or more all at once. *It might take a
while to get cleared out."

We're hearing that storm will pass just south of us on the weekend. The poor wild horses on Sable island sill probably take the brunt.
Banned

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 5:54:29 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:

We're hearing that storm will pass just south of us on the weekend. The poor wild horses on Sable island sill probably take the brunt.

You would know, being the groups Horses Ass.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 00:07:59 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:11:08 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/20/2016 2:13 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
wrote:

Looking like Wash DC is the bull's eye for 2 or more feet of snow this
weekend. This will be interesting to watch as it pans out.

The answer is simple. Our government will shut down for a week.
I suppose they will find a way to blame it on the GOP ;-)

My recollection is a federal government shutdown of only two days for a
"blizzard," and, of course, making the highways and byways safe for
travel and clearing the Metro and rail commuter tracks takes time.

The average yearly snowfall in Wash DC is about 14 inches total.
This storm may bring two feet or more all at once. It might take a
while to get cleared out.

I have been in DC for a number of these 2'+ snow falls and it tends to
jam the place up for quite a while. A lot depends on what comes behind
it. Sometimes it warms up and things actually get worse because it
still freezes over night so you get black ice. My Firebird wore a
little reminder of that until after I sold it.
If it snows again it even gets uglier and people just stay home for
days.

I got propane, so I can bbq. Whenever I see a Dominion Virginia Power truck in the
neighborhood I go thank the guy. We've not had an outage over a few hours since I
moved here in 1995 (knock on wood).
--

Ban idiots, not guns!