Default They're just thugs...

On 11/14/2015 7:35 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 07:29:05 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 11/14/2015 7:09 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/14/15 12:29 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:59:09 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
...or juvenile delinquents.

Maybe the threat will be taken seriously.

And, doesn't France have some very stringent gun control laws?
Shame someone in the
concert wasn't carrying.

French borders closed. Should tell us something.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

This isn't the time for your right wing insanity.

Maybe not time for left wing insanity. Let a bunch of "refugees" from
Syria, etc. in?

France is lousy with militant muslims. It has been that way for a
while, certainly since the 50s when they had their "Algerian" problem.
Things are just heating up.
I think we ain't seen nothin yet. These terrorists have infiltrated
most of western Europe, hidden in with the refugees.

Other than our deserting Israel, what's your Libertarian idea for
handing ISIS?

Don't know what Greg will say, but here's my suggestion:

Honor all formal agreements we have with our allies
and expect them to honor the agreements in return.

Think twice about what kind and who we sign any new agreements with.

Let non-allies, including those nations that are predominately
Muslim deal with Islamic fundamentalist movements like ISIS on their own.

The only reason we are involved is because we stick our nose where
it doesn't belong and we have little or no understanding of what
motivates the different, religious based Islamic followers.

If they attack us ... or any of our allies ... fight back hard, but
otherwise mind our own business.

If you are a journalist or world do-gooder and value your life, stay
the hell out of the areas of the world being controlled by the likes
of ISIS. Otherwise, don't expect your government to come and save your
ass or expect retaliation because you got killed.

I'd add 'keep control of your borders'.

How? Build the Great Trump Wall with the *huge*, "Beautiful" gate in
the middle for "legal" immigrants?

To parrot your solution for just about all the problems we have:

"Enforce existing laws".

On 11/14/2015 7:34 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 07:10:47 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 11/14/15 7:00 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:03:47 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

Califbill billnews wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
...or juvenile delinquents.

Maybe the threat will be taken seriously.

And, doesn't France have some very stringent gun control laws? Shame someone in the
concert wasn't carrying.

French borders closed. Should tell us something.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

This isn't the time for your right wing insanity.

Maybe not time for left wing insanity. Let a bunch of "refugees" from
Syria, etc. in?

Do you suppose johnnymop carries his pistol on his daily trip to Walmart?

Does that have something to do with what happened in France?

Your comments are as stupid as Don's.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

"Shame someone in the concert wasn't carrying"

Do you carry on your daily trips to Walmart?

Do you share Don's penchant for stupid comments?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Don is not an armchair politician. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

And if that doesn't work, Amnesty for all.

Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

We still owe them for 9-11.

9/11 wasn't orchestrated by ISIS. bin Laden is dead and you don't hear
much about al Qaeda anymore. In fact, what remains of al Qaeda is at
odds with ISIS.

We've been meddling in the middle east for decades, going back to Reagan
and probably before. Isn't it time we realized it's a different
culture that we can't fully understand and we can't force *our* way upon
them?

On 11/14/15 7:29 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

"If they attack us..."

I'm not sure how we fight back hard, since the attackers are not
necessarily from a country with an actual government. Apparently the
attackers on Paris, or at least some of them, were Syrians. What do we
do? Invade Syria?

Califbill billnews wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

You're the one who is suggesting that looser gun control laws would
allow more people to carry. You live in a loose gun control state. Do
you carry when you visit Walmart?

On 11/14/2015 8:24 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

No. A response is dependent on good intel as to where the "brains"
(command and control) exist and take them out. If it happens to be
in Syria, so be it.

On 11/14/15 8:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

I don't disagree, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem with this
terrorists. As soon as our drones or brave troops cut off one terrorist
head, so to speak, there are others that pop right out to take his
place. The tactic hasn't worked for us in Iraq or Syria, and it hasn't
worked for the Israelis.

On 11/14/15 10:43 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Then there is this from Ted Cruz, GOP POTUS wannabe:

"We must immediately recognize that our enemy is not ‘violent
extremism.’ It is the radical Islamism that has declared jihad against
the west. It will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of
tolerance. It will not be deterred by targeted airstrikes with zero
tolerance for civilian casualties, when the terrorists have such utter
disregard for innocent life."

Is Cruz saying we should have lots of airstrikes and not give a damn
about collateral damage - the killing of non-involved civilians?

What exactly is Cruz proposing?