Default Carson is screwed ...

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 13:18:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Outed regarding his claimed appointment to West Point.
That's the end of his political ambitions, assuming he
ever had any.

Almost as bad as claiming to have flown into Bosnia under
heavy sniper fire.

Already posted, but it's a decent story:

If Westmoreland said he could get Carson into West Point, then Carson could have
gotten into West Point. Carson probably didn't know at the time that there is no such
thing as a 'full paid scholarship' to West Point, but I can imagine Westmoreland
using such a term. Cadets do not pay to attend USMA, but are, in fact, paid a salary
while there. They do incur a five year obligation to the military (at least it was
five years when I was in the military).

It's very easy to be confused about entrance requirements to USMA. As a young PFC, my
lieutenant urged me to apply, which I did. I went before a board of the company
officers, a board of battalion officers, and then went to the board at the brigade
level. When I walked in the personnel staff NCO at the brigade HQ happened to look at
my hand. He then looked up and said, "Are you married?" No one had asked that
question or noticed the ring. When I told him I was, he was shocked. Of course he
cancelled that board and let the full colonel presiding know about the boo-boo.

Was I offered a scholarship? No. But I was told by several officers that I could get
into the academy.

**** happens.

Now some liberal can make a lot of hay from my story, just as they are Ben Carson's
story.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 11/6/15 1:18 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Outed regarding his claimed appointment to West Point.
That's the end of his political ambitions, assuming he
ever had any.

Almost as bad as claiming to have flown into Bosnia under
heavy sniper fire.

I don't see it making much difference in his support. Carson's base
consists of evangelical christians, and they base their beliefs on a
book filled with fairy tales.

What will bring Carson down, though, are how he mixes those fairy tales
with reality and comes up with a new set of fairy tales. Those weird
beliefs don't play well with rational people.

As in,

Carson is upset that the XL pipeline isn't going to be built, because
"where will we store our grain?"

Carson... Keyser Söze General 3 September 28th 15 11:34 AM
R V - RACHEL CARSON 9-14.jpg Canal Lee[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 0 November 10th 14 12:57 AM
Dr. Carson is a bit confused... F*O*A*D General 2 August 8th 14 12:13 AM
R/V Rachel Carson Jere Lull Cruising 13 November 1st 08 12:01 AM
Good-bye Johnny Carson! Scout ASA 0 January 24th 05 10:34 AM