Default The GOP "Shadow" Frontrunner...

....is an idiot:

WASHINGTON – Republican Senator Marco Rubio (FL), a prominent Christian
and noted skeptic of climate change science, argued that Americans
should resist efforts by the federal government to curb carbon dioxide
emissions. Sen. Rubio, who is a likely candidate for president in 2016,
said that such programs would be “against God’s Will,” since “for all we
know, God wants the Earth to get warmer.”

Speaking at a luncheon with potential donors, Rubio admitted that “it’s
getting more and more difficult to deny that the Earth is getting
hotter—just look at the new NASA report.”

Rubio was referring to two studies released Monday which indicate that
the “melting of the Western Antarctic Ice sheet is unstoppable, and the
glaciers are doomed to collapse and melt into the sea,” which will raise
sea levels significantly, leaving much of the world’s coastal cities
underwater.

“So yeah, I don’t deny it’s happening,” Rubio said. “But what we
absolutely cannot say for sure is that a warming Earth is not just part
of God’s plan,” Rubio explained. “God knows what He’s doing, and it
pleases Him to see half of Manhattan underwater and Miami wiped out
completely, then we cannot stand in His way.”

- - -

Yup. He said this.

http://tinyurl.com/pzkjmnq

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:59:10 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

[...]

The only part that might be called silly is saying it is "gods plan"

It still may be inevitable, dictated by the laws of nature, whatever
you want to call that.
The fact remains that CO2 tracks population growth as closely as any
other metric and that has been true for 8000 years. (since the rise of
agriculture)
Unless the Al Gores of the world have a plan to scrub a few billion
people off the population, I do not see that trend turning around.

The only thing more arrogant than saying "man can change the planet"
is saying "man can stop the planet from changing".
I imagine there are going to be some mass migrations in the next
century or two but we have already seen them in far fewer years so
that should not shock anyone.