Dale

Default Damm Roaches

Vito wrote:
Keith wrote:

I've never had a roach problem on a boat before, but have got one now. ...
Any ideas?

Boric acid powder.

This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

You can get the same results with Roach-Prufe but this will be cheaper.

Skip Gundlach

"Dale" wrote in message
link.net...
This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

Heard a variation on that theme: use boric acid and powdered sugar, put in
bottle caps to keep from spreading around. They love the sugar so swarm to
it, and it looks and feels like the BA...

L8R

Skip, not having to try any of those, only having the big ones here :{))

carlp

"Dale" wrote in message
link.net...
This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

/////////////////
Judging by all the good information you all have given I think its a matter
of finding out what the life cycle is and the egg laying cycle the hatching
period is 4 to 5 weeks someone said, the real point is here once you have
killed off the adults how long before new hatch start laying
so it is a repeat killing process at least four times as I SEE IT., miss one
and get reinfested.
Carl

Cindy Ballreich

Skip Gundlach wrote:
"Dale" wrote in message
link.net...

This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

Heard a variation on that theme: use boric acid and powdered sugar, put in
bottle caps to keep from spreading around. They love the sugar so swarm to
it, and it looks and feels like the BA...

Here's the variation that I heard: Boric acid and powdered sugar
mixed into a paste with canned milk. Roll the paste into little
balls and dry in the sun. Once dry, scatter the balls around the
boat. I've never tried it, but a friend who carelessly brought
cardboard boxes aboard in Mexico swears by it.

Gfretwell

You can get boric acid very cheap at the Home Depot. It is sold as carpet
treatment for fleas in a half gallon jug. I put a liberal dose under my kitchen
and bathroom cabinets when we remodeled and I haven't seen a bug, ant or
anything. It is well sequestered there so I am not worried about the dog but
that is a classic hiding place for roaches.