Default Erosion in action....

Some of the more alert in here might remember my post a couple years ago poking fun at the Californian who bought Long Island in the Five Island area on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. He built a big house on it with a massive wooden staircase to allow access. Then he got the 'Not Since Moses' run turned into an annual event where you actually run along the seafloor out to and back from the island. (at low tide, of course) Lately he has put the Island up for sale for a bit over 3.5 million.
Wonder if this recent event will drop his asking price?

Note: most of the photos will show 'before and after' if you run your curser from left to right ...or vice versa.
http://edinos.ca/five-islands-arch-before-and-after/

Awwwwwww. Nature can be a bitch.

On 10/29/2015 4:41 PM, True North wrote:
Some of the more alert in here might remember my post a couple years ago poking fun at the Californian who bought Long Island in the Five Island area on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. He built a big house on it with a massive wooden staircase to allow access. Then he got the 'Not Since Moses' run turned into an annual event where you actually run along the seafloor out to and back from the island. (at low tide, of course) Lately he has put the Island up for sale for a bit over 3.5 million.
Wonder if this recent event will drop his asking price?

Note: most of the photos will show 'before and after' if you run your curser from left to right ...or vice versa.
http://edinos.ca/five-islands-arch-before-and-after/

Oh My. Do you suppose we could blame it on ISIS.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:41:09 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

Some of the more alert in here might remember my post a couple years ago poking fun at the Californian who bought Long Island in the Five Island area on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. He built a big house on it with a massive wooden staircase to allow access. Then he got the 'Not Since Moses' run turned into an annual event where you actually run along the seafloor out to and back from the island. (at low tide, of course) Lately he has put the Island up for sale for a bit over 3.5 million.
Wonder if this recent event will drop his asking price?

Note: most of the photos will show 'before and after' if you run your curser from left to right ...or vice versa.
http://edinos.ca/five-islands-arch-before-and-after/

People need to realize, coastal real estate can be a temporary thing.
I hope this guy is not going to try to get the government to restore
it. They do that far more often than they should here.

True North wrote:
Some of the more alert in here might remember my post a couple years ago poking fun at the Californian who bought Long Island in the Five Island area on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. He built a big house on it with a massive wooden staircase to allow access. Then he got the 'Not Since Moses' run turned into an annual event where you actually run along the seafloor out to and back from the island. (at low tide, of course) Lately he has put the Island up for sale for a bit over 3.5 million.
Wonder if this recent event will drop his asking price?

Note: most of the photos will show 'before and after' if you run your curser from left to right ...or vice versa.
http://edinos.ca/five-islands-arch-before-and-after/

Got any pictures of the erosion of your boat?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:58:51 -0400, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
Some of the more alert in here might remember my post a couple years ago poking fun at the Californian who bought Long Island in the Five Island area on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. He built a big house on it with a massive wooden staircase to allow access. Then he got the 'Not Since Moses' run turned into an annual event where you actually run along the seafloor out to and back from the island. (at low tide, of course) Lately he has put the Island up for sale for a bit over 3.5 million.
Wonder if this recent event will drop his asking price?

Note: most of the photos will show 'before and after' if you run your curser from left to right ...or vice versa.
http://edinos.ca/five-islands-arch-before-and-after/

Got any pictures of the erosion of your boat?

===

Alex, why was that necessary? If you have a boat used on salt water
which has never experienced corrosion of any kind, I'd like to hear
about it.

True North wrote:
[...]

Yeah Ditzy...what he said!

True North wrote:
[...]

His boat is falling apart. He has submitted warranty claims without
results.

===

I don't know if that is true or not but what difference does it make?
Don gets out there in his boat, enjoys himself, and sometimes writes
about it. Making fun of someone's boat because you have some other
issue with them is the sort of thing that Harry does, and the sort of
thing which has caused a lot of people to leave this group. Live and
let live - boating is all good.

===

"I don't know if that is true or not but what difference does it make?
Don gets out there in his boat, enjoys himself, and sometimes writes
about it. *Making fun of someone's boat because you have some other
issue with them is the sort of thing that Harry does, and the sort of
thing which has caused a lot of people to leave this group. *Live and
let live - boating is all good."

I reported last fall that I had taken my boat back to the dealer after the owner went after Legend and got approval to remove the snaps, prepare and paint the affected areas and then re-install using the nylon washers and silicon I had recommended.
No charge to me for this warranty work. Ditzy just wants to throw cheap uniformed jabs at me.

With all the action here... Poco Loco General 12 February 7th 14 01:20 AM
Action MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 April 24th 08 01:48 AM
Erosion of the Zinc anode and HF transmission via PacTOR modem andSailmail Bil Electronics 14 February 12th 08 03:38 AM
Capt Rob in action Bob Crantz ASA 0 February 14th 06 10:52 PM
OLE THOM IN ACTION Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 7th 04 06:10 AM