Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Just got back from Tampa

A day of hitting the ball.
We played "The Eagles" in Odessa/Keystone
Nice course with lots of deer running around and we saw some turkeys
along with the normal raptors and wading birds you usually see on a
Florida course.
No gators today.
I hit some good shots but I did throw a driver in the lake ... always
wanted to do that.
I got a few stray clubs when my wife tore down the cart barn at her
place and they were cleaning it out. I have a hybrid 6 and a metal 5
"wood" that I like. I didn't have a pitching wedge so I took one of
them but there was some kind of fancy driver that I picked up and I
couldn't do dick with it. I wanted to throw it in the lake but my
buddy said, give it to me.
He shanked 3 or 4 into the weeds and gave it back. I was using my old
driver that I can hit. On 17 I decided I would give that new driver
one more chance. The club went farther into the lake than the ball I
hit ;-)

It was still floating there when we left. Let someone else think they
are getting a "steal" I bet it ends up in the lake again.

The only problem with the course was it needed a hair cut. I lost 4
balls in the tall grass on the fairway. That is frustrating when you
hit a great shot and still can't find your ball.
I suppose I would have found them eventually but we are "ready golf"
guys. I did end up finding other people's ball twice and I hit them.

tampa bay boating remove \clothes\ before replying Cruising 1 February 25th 06 12:59 AM
best for tampa bay remove \clothes\ before replying Cruising 1 January 18th 05 05:56 PM
best for tampa bay remove \clothes\ before replying Cruising 3 January 16th 05 06:16 AM
TAMPA - STOLEN SKI SBT General 0 April 15th 04 03:42 PM
Sea Kayaking On Tampa Bay gate73 Touring 2 January 12th 04 11:27 PM