Default Google Chrome woes

Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 10/7/2015 3:42 PM, John H. wrote:
Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

You might need to supply chrome with your full name and social security
number to log in.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:04:31 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 10/7/2015 3:42 PM, John H. wrote:
Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

You might need to supply chrome with your full name and social security
number to log in.

and bank account numbers?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 10/7/2015 4:42 PM, John H. wrote:
Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

You probably realize that Chrome does not have an email client. You
would have to use "webmail" for whatever internet server you have using
Chrome as the browser.

The whole "Google" thing confuses me sometimes.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 17:04:46 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/7/2015 4:42 PM, John H. wrote:
Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

You probably realize that Chrome does not have an email client. You
would have to use "webmail" for whatever internet server you have using
Chrome as the browser.

The whole "Google" thing confuses me sometimes.

I use MS Outlook for email. Many times email will have links. Normally, clicking on
the link will open the default browser to the correct page. With Chrome set as the
default browser, when I click on a link Chrome opens, churns for a couple minutes,
the displays an 'Unresponsive Page' window. As soon as I change the default browser
to either IE or Firefox, the links open just fine.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 10/7/2015 6:21 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Ah .. I misunderstood your issue and question. I don't use Chrome, so
I can't help. One thing about anything Google though, it seems like you
have to be signed in with your Google account user name and password in
order for stuff to work. I don't bother with most of it. Firefox
works just fine for me and I use it's email client Thunderbird for
emails and newsgroups.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:51:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Chrome's gone. Good riddance.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 10/7/15 8:04 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Heh heh. I use Chrome once in a while on my iMac and on my iphone. I
prefer Firefox, but it isn't available for the iPhone. Chrome is OK,
but I think Firefox is better.

The issues you were having are well-known, documented and easily
solvable but, of course, you have to expend a bit of effort beyond
querying a newsgroup whose expertise is right-wing nastiness.

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 16:42:01 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Just installed Chrome. Can't get any links from emails to work in Chrome when set as
default, although they work fine in Firefox or IE.

When in Chrome, if I type a line for a search, like 'email links do not work in
Chrome', it just churns but never gives results.

Ideas out there?

Why didn't you just inject yourself with the ebola virus?
Google is evil. The NSA has nothing on them.

Who told me to load Chrome? Poco Loco General 0 January 27th 14 04:56 PM
Marina woes... John H[_12_] General 2 February 13th 10 09:29 AM
Best way to remove swirl and burn marks on chrome? Jon Slaughter Boat Building 5 February 5th 07 08:55 AM
Chrome / Stainles Hailer Speaker Source? Sailman Electronics 0 August 18th 04 03:12 PM
Custom Chrome Fabrication Douglas St. Clair Boat Building 2 April 21st 04 08:34 PM