Tim Tim is offline

Default Pardon me mr. President, but...

The President said yesterday that cities in America that have the most gun laws have the least amount of gun violence. ............I guess he hasn't read the Chicago tribune or the Sun Times lately.

On 10/2/15 7:07 AM, Tim wrote:
The President said yesterday that cities in America that have the most gun laws have the least amount of gun violence. ............I guess he hasn't read the Chicago tribune or the Sun Times lately.

No, Tim, that's not what he said.

"We know that states with the most gun laws tend to have the fewest gun
deaths."

If you look at the statistics, the states with the most or most
restrictive gun laws tend to have fewer gun deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator...te-per-100000/

Your state, Illinois, has a death rate due to injuries from firearms of
8.6 per 100,000 inhabitants...or about the national average.

The rate in Alabama is 17.6, Alaska is 19.8, Arkansas 16.8, D.C. 8.9,
Connecticut 4.4, Louisiana 19.3, Maryland 9.7, Virginia 10.2, South
Carolina 15.2.

Perhaps you should listen more carefully when the president speaks, or
find a news source that is less tilted towards the NRA.

On 10/2/2015 6:46 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
If you look at the statistics, the states with the most or most
restrictive gun laws tend to have fewer gun deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.

O'Bama didn't say that, you did.

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 07:46:19 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/2/15 7:07 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you should focus on the cities, where the problems really exist, and not lump
in all the farmers.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 04:07:49 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

The President said yesterday that cities in America that have the most gun laws have the least amount of gun violence. ............I guess he hasn't read the Chicago tribune or the Sun Times lately.

He really had his head up his ass with that one.

He didn't even look at statistics from his current 'home town'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

First Presidential Pardon? Eisboch General 1 November 1st 08 10:09 AM
I Beg Your Pardon Skipper General 2 February 26th 06 01:44 PM
I beg your pardon! Gilligan ASA 0 December 13th 04 11:36 PM
Pardon me ... Eisboch General 0 November 19th 04 11:44 PM