Default So deserving...

On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:24:35 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 8/6/15, 8:12 AM, True North wrote:
JohnnyMop swishes his head...

"Or don't, and show the world why you run from Scotty and slammer."

There y'all go again, JohnnyMop.......supporting the two most promising recruits in your Moppetts brigade.
I traveled 1500 miles one way to get within spitting distance of your perverted recruit and called him out. What did he do after all his tough talk...he ran like the little bitch he is making excuse After excuse why he avoided me.
Your other quality recruit wouldn't come near me unless he had his gang of " track boys". To protect him.
Y'all really do need to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff when recruiting.

Johnnymop is a brittle, fragile old fart who has had many surgeries to
keep himself upright. His condition could only have gotten worse since I
last saw him in about 2003, when he looked as if he were HIV positive.
His talking about "running" is only an old man's projected bluster.

To one who is about 65 pounds overweight, a healthily weighted individual *would*
appear a bit thin.

Aren't you proud of your Vietnam support and being as involved in killing women and
children as I was?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 09:49:49 -0400, Justan Olphat wrote:

On 8/6/2015 9:24 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/6/2015 8:54 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/6/15, 8:35 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/6/2015 8:21 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/6/15, 8:05 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/6/2015 7:41 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:45 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:24:15 -0700 (PDT), Tom Nofinger
wrote:

My job was to help locate the bodies of U.S. servicemen killed in
action.
It didn't involve the sort of killing that probably gave you a
woodie, or,
in fact any killing at all.

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

Bull****!

===

Yes. We've heard that story many times without a shred of
supporting
data. It doesn't really pass the smell test.

When Harry first mentioned this several years ago I became curious
and
did some digging around looking for info on any such program. Never
found anything about it. He mentioned that he worked for a military
type
... a "General" if I recall correctly. That just didn't make
sense to
me. It's not how the military is structured, particularly in an
area of
conflict or fighting.

I've looked again from time to time but still have not found any
references to programs that involved having hired civilians
searching
for
bodies during the active Vietnam War period.

Certainly there have been organizations and programs since the war
ended
that attempt to locate MIA's, but I'll be dipped if I can find
anything
remotely similar to what Harry is talking about.

Couldn't find it on the internets, eh? ?

Nope. Can't find even a remote reference to any such program that
hired
civilians to locate bodies while we were still engaged in the war.
Was there a name for this program or the specific activity that you
were
involved with?

Hard as it might be to believe, there is information out there that
might not be on the internets.

Perhaps but if was a bonafide goverment (or even civilian run) program
or activity it is more than likely that there would be some historical
evidence of it or at least some references to it. The Vietnam War is
well documented historically on the web.

There were a couple of references years ago to the program within
histories of the sponsoring agency, but I don't know if the histories
are still out there and, if they are, how they have been revised. I
recall there was some controversy about what some of us were doing, but
not what my group was trying to do.

I thought I made it clear that my efforts with the agency came about
as a fluke: I was in Vietnam supposedly to write about and help
publicize agricultural pacification programs but the program was
cancelled and I was asked if I were interested in another assignment
with a completely different agency. We gathered info on KIAs and some
other guys were trying to find out where POWs might be, but I didn't
have anything to do with that. When we found a dead soldier, we checked
for ID, which was not always there for various reasons, and arranged for
removal of the remains.

Hell, the war of 1812 is well documented on the web, complete with more
historical detail than interests most people.

I am just saying that it's unusual that *nothing* can be found (at least
by me so far) about any program similar to what you were involved in.
Plus, having a little experience in military protocol and methods, it
strikes me as being very unusual that a program involving civilians such
as yourself with your education and background would be sent out in a
combat area searching for dead bodies.

They gave him a set of khakis and the title assistant general. His
orders were "go look for dead soldiers".
He did say at one time that he reported directly to "a general"for
abilities and capabilities

The military has a silly habit of testing candidates for abilities and
capabilities. I'm sure civilians working directly for military officers
would undergo the same scrutiny. Harry's probable MOS would be latrine
construction and maintenance.

Not construction. Perhaps this level of maintenance:

http://herrickreport.com/images/burning****.jpg

If that picture makes no sense, Google '**** burning in Vietnam'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

John H. wrote:
[...]

With as much surgery as you have had, "healthy" is a fantasy word for you.

--

Ban idiots, not guns!

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On 8 Aug 2015 17:31:48 GMT, Keyser Söze wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

As is 'integrity' for you?

Smoking has had it's effects on my health, that's for sure.

What caused your lack of integrity? Do you blame 'nature' or 'nurture'?

How're the owls, BTW?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!