Tim Tim is offline

Default NBC in Washngton DC

By the way. What does eating an apple have to do with your claim of racism?

On 7/30/2015 8:49 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 7/30/15 8:47 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:43 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 7/30/15 8:37 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 7/30/2015 8:03 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 7/29/15 5:44 PM, John H. wrote:
Very often NBC here will report an assault, murder, robbery, etc, and
not tell the
race or ethnicity of the perpetrator.

Today's story was of a break-in and sexual assault in PG County,
again. The
newscaster described the perp as tall and thin, wearing a black mask
and black shirt.
Also announced a $25000 reward for info leading to capture, etc.
At no
time did the
newscaster mention the race of the individual.

However, the same story, on ABC a few minutes earlier, did describe
the individual as
African-American, tall and thin ... etc.

So I called NBC news. Asked them why they would mention the reward
and
ask for
viewers help in capturing the individual but *not* provide the
information regarding
race/ethnicity which would narrow down the possibilities by a
significant percent.

The response? "That information wasn't available to us." I said,
"You
mean you knew
he was tall and thin, wearing a black mask and shirt, but didn't get
his race?"

The guy says, "Yeah."

I told him that seemed really strange, especially since ABC knew his
race.

Kinda weird, but that's almost a nightly occurrence for NBC
hereabouts.

I'm going to take another bite out of this apple, because Herring's
post
really, truly exhibits his racism.

Who but a hater of black people would call a television news room and
complain that a story it ran *didn't* identify the perpetrator of a
crime by race?

Two TV stations described the perpetrator as "tall and thin," and
probably also described him as wearing a black mask and black shirt.
That information is virtually useless in helping someone other than
the
victim identify the perpetrator. What are people supposed to do...call
the police every time they see a tall, thin, black guy wearing a black
shirt? How many hundreds or thousands of calls would that initiate?
And
if the guy were white, tall, thin, and wearing a black shirt? Hundreds
or thousands of calls to the police. The "identifying" info in the
news
story was useless, as was the mention of the perp's race.

Herring called the news station because he was offended by its
reportage
of a crime story that didn't mention the perp's race, and reporting of
race in crime stories is *really* important to our boy John. How do we
know that? Because he very often posts crime stories and statistics
relating to people of color, especially black people, and people with
ethnicity other than his, such as Latinos. Herring wants people to
know
that *black* people commit crimes. *That* is really important to him.
Why? Because he is a racist, and the reporting of crimes by race helps
him justify in what little mind he has his hatred of people of color,
especially black people.

Way back when, and I mean *way* back when, when I was a cub reporter
for
the Kansas City Star, we were instructed to *not* identify people by
race in crime stories, either perps or victims, unless that
identification were crucial to and helpgul in catching the perp.
Ergo, a
white man robbing a convenience store would not be reported as a
"white"
man, but just as a man, *unless* there was something unusual about his
description that might help others identify him, such as, for
example, a
"white man in his 30's, tall, thin, wearing a black shirt, and with a
large, jagged scar on his right cheek." Without that scar, and
without a
video camera shot of the perp, after all, he's just another white guy.
Seriously. "A really tall, skinny white guy with false teeth, hearing
aids, and in his 70's, and wearing an NRA tee-shirt and a Frito
Bandito
mask robbed our store" might be helpful in identifying the perp as
John
Herring. But absent those additional descriptors, he could just be
another white guy, perhaps an unemployed bankster.

John Herring is a racist. There's no question about it.

The ability to distinguish people by race must mean that we are all, by
your definition, racists. Maybe the exceptions are those who are
blind. Oooops. Was I supposed to say, "sight challenged"?

Distinguishing people by race is not the same as calling a TV news room
to complain that a story about a crime did not identify the perpetrator
as a black man. Absent crucial identifying information, what difference
did the color of the perp's skin make?

Only a racist like Herring would call the TV newsroom to whine about a
news story that didn't identify a perp as a black male.

It's a safe bet that the police report identified the perp's race,
thereby narrowing the search down a bit.

The rest is just political correctness.

Uh huh. How many times in your lifetime have you called a newsroom to
complain that a crime story didn't identify the perp by race?

I am not addressing the issue of John calling the station to complain.
That's his prerogative. It does not confirm that he is a racist however.
He may simply be questioning the policy (and politics) of that
particular station or network.

I am 100 percent sure that the police report included the perp's race,
and rightly so.

On 7/30/15 8:58 AM, Tim wrote:
Take another bite, Harry. The complaint was about incompetent journalism.

No, Tim, it wasn't. It was about Herring acting out on his racism.

On 7/30/15 9:00 AM, Tim wrote:
By the way. What does eating an apple have to do with your claim of racism?

"Another bite of the apple" goes over your head, eh?

Never encountered that saying?

Wow.
Tim Tim is offline

I always ate an apple for the sake of eating an apple.

Offended? That was bull****, ergo the rest is bull****.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On 7/29/15 5:44 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

I am addressing Herring's racism. I was specific about that, and his
alleged call to the TV newsroom to whine about the fact that the perp's
race was not mentioned is indeed further confirmation of his racism.

Hey, a major election season is upon us. I expect *all*
Republican/Conservatives to give cover to the outrageous behavior of
their candidates and their fellow righties.

On 7/29/15 5:44 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Mr. Luddite. You hit it on the nose. But, this 'political correctness' is
stupid and not shared by the other channels.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:13:13 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 7/30/15 8:58 AM, Tim wrote:
Take another bite, Harry. The complaint was about incompetent journalism.

No, Tim, it wasn't. It was about Herring acting out on his racism.

Tim's right, you're wrong...as usual.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On 7/30/15 9:22 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:36:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 7/30/15 1:10 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:44:36 -0700 (PDT), "John H."
wrote:

[...]

If the perp is white, it would be the first thing they said.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, helping Herring play his racist
cards.

It is just a fact. At a certain point you have to admit that is true
and it is not racist.
I notice you get giddy when a white guy shoots someone but black
people shooting each other never seems to register on your radar..

The point is, the racial portion of the ID offered by the station that
reported it was not relevant.

I never get *giddy* about fatal shootings. Why do you keep making up
this ****?