Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan Olstad

Default 1987 Carver 3207 AFT

Hey all-

I am considering the purchase of the above. The boat spent it's first year
in salt and the last 15 yrs in fresh water. She is equipped with a single
helm on the bridge and the standard cabin setup. Twin mercuriser inboards
with 586 hrs. Her mechanical condition is very good as the current owner of
10 years is a certified marine mechanic. The aesthetic condition is fair -
boat needs to be buffed out, bottom painted. Outside teak needs
refinishing. Interior is good - mostly needs a good cleaning - bow carpet
needs replacement. Everything works. No gen or A/C. Asking price with
trailer is $30k. Without trailer $25k. BUC value runs $37-44. NADA
$28-35. Everything on the net I see is $45-50 but most have A/C. Assuming
it passes survey and seatrial - how much should I offer for a boat like this
with mostly cosmetic issues? I should mention that the current owner has
moved up to a 66' Cheoy Lee LRC - so I don't think he needs the money, just
doesn't need this boat. This is a big step up for me as I have only owned
runabouts and have been looking for something like this for the last year.

Thanks in advance. Please post response as the e-mail address is not
accurate.

-Dan
Minneapolis, MN