Default Even with the background check!

Oh well, what can one say?

http://tinyurl.com/om5hyo4

--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On 7/10/2015 7:30 PM, John H. wrote:
Oh well, what can one say?

http://tinyurl.com/om5hyo4

Read about that. Seems there were multiple screw ups and errors made
including confusion as to what police force was responsible for filing
the drug arrest info.

But, had it worked or had been implemented properly, the life of nine
innocent lives may have been spared. That's why a *universal* and
uniform background check system should be considered.

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 7:57:47 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 7/10/2015 7:30 PM, John H. wrote:
Oh well, what can one say?

http://tinyurl.com/om5hyo4

Read about that. Seems there were multiple screw ups and errors made
including confusion as to what police force was responsible for filing
the drug arrest info.

But, had it worked or had been implemented properly, the life of nine
innocent lives may have been spared. That's why a *universal* and
uniform background check system should be considered.

He could simply have chosen to buy a gun from an individual. The results would have been the same. Of course, if universal background checks were in place, even for individual sales... the results, in this case, would have been the same.

Sounds like, at least in this case, the gaps aren't in the buying process, but the governmental process and record keeping. Why am I not surprised. And some want to give them more control.

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:12:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Or he could have borrowed one from his dad. I'm sure glad Luddite used the word
'may'.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 7:30:05 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
Oh well, what can one say?

http://tinyurl.com/om5hyo4

--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

The gun shop, Shooter's Choice, is just ten minutes or so from me. It appears they went through all the proper procedures in the sale. The FBI's info and local law enforcement's procedures fell short, as did the info entered into the "system".

It's sad that the system didn't work in this case, but considering who (the government) we're talking about here, it's not surprising.

Meanwhile, the battle flag came down this morning from the Confederate monument in the back of the State House this morning. It's about time. It went to a museum, where it belongs.