BoatBanter.com

-   -   Carlyle lake claimed another. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/167960-carlyle-lake-claimed-another.html)

Tim July 3rd 15 12:11 AM

Carlyle lake claimed another.

Usually and at least one person dies there a year, unfortunately. It's my favorite boating place too...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...2c6968efc.html

Wayne.B July 3rd 15 12:59 AM

Carlyle lake claimed another.

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:11:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Usually and at least one person dies there a year, unfortunately. It's my favorite boating place too...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...2c6968efc.html

===

Maybe overwhelmed by a sudden thunderstorm? That's an easy way to get
in trouble with a small boat.

True North[_2_] July 3rd 15 12:37 PM

Carlyle lake claimed another.

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

Alex[_4_] July 4th 15 03:52 AM

True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

You don't want to lean on the sides of *that* boat!

Justan Olphat July 4th 15 12:54 PM

On 7/3/2015 10:52 PM, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as
a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful
close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

You don't want to lean on the sides of *that* boat!

Why? Is it because of the painted over galvanic rot on the gunnel?

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

True North[_2_] July 5th 15 02:08 PM

Carlyle lake claimed another.

Ditzy Dan spews....
Justan Olphat wrote:
On 7/3/2015 10:52 PM, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as
a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful
close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

You don't want to lean on the sides of *that* boat!

Why? Is it because of the painted over galvanic rot on the gunnel?

" Yes. "

My boat is very wide and with the hull design and reverse chines could hold one stinky Popeye wannabe and a long pencil necked counter boy on the gunnel at the same time.

John H.[_5_] July 6th 15 09:09 PM

On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 04:37:14 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

Is dumping black water not illegal in your neck of the woods?
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

Justan Olphat July 6th 15 09:18 PM

On 7/6/2015 4:09 PM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 04:37:14 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

Is dumping black water not illegal in your neck of the woods?

He might have dribbled a little on his gunnels, Do you suppose that
might have caused the corrosion he was grousing about?

John H.[_5_] July 6th 15 09:38 PM

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:18:59 -0400, Justan Olphat wrote:

On 7/6/2015 4:09 PM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 04:37:14 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

"I heard a claim that a lot of these guys are found with their fly
down. They are taking a leak over the side and fall in.
Boating alone can be a dangerous business, Wear your PFD. "

,we hear the same thing up here. I carry an old ice cream container as a **** bucket.....and immediately dump and flush. Have to be careful close to land....not much privacy in a 16.5 foot open boat.

Is dumping black water not illegal in your neck of the woods?

He might have dribbled a little on his gunnels, Do you suppose that
might have caused the corrosion he was grousing about?

Uric acid versus aluminum rivets....sounds feasible to me.